Gaining an edge on the competition can be challenging in the online advertising arena. If Google Ads are a part of the marketing strategy, just gaining more clicks is not enough, gaining more high-quality clicks is important. The average Google Ad converts just 4.40 percent of the time. Google Ads extensions are a great way for your ads to stand out from the competitors in a crowded online market place. These extensions not only improve the quality of your ad campaigns, but also offer more insight into what is working and what isn’t working. They can add an edge to any campaign, helping to separate the top online performers from the mediocre.
If the Google Ads account is not structured or managed effectively, the click through rates (CTR) of adverts would be low. This would be like giving your competition a helping hand by increasing their ads click through rates. If implemented in the right way, Google Ads can help businesses meet their goals to increase brand awareness and revenue. Businesses looking to enhance their brand reputation can utilize the services of a reputable search engine optimization company to get their Google Ads ready.
What Are Google Ads Extensions?
Ad extensions can help claim or take up more real estate on search engine result pages (SERPs) and provide additional link and other information to a website that can draw people in and increase the click through rates (CTR). When implementing a new ad extension, Google finds there can be about 10-15 percent (on an average) uplift in CTR. There are different types of Google Ads extensions, each doing different things, For instance, with some it is possible to add reviews or a call button, while others can be used to add a discount or brief testimonials. This is probably the reason that we get sponsored results that look different from each other, when searching on Google for something. Google Ads extensions not only focus on making the search results look presentable, but there are several other benefits they offer-
- More Ad Space – Google Ad space is limited. But with extensions, it is possible to claim more real estate by adding content and CTAs. For instance, in the below ad, company 1 has a long, detailed ad that offers viewers more options, while company 2 only has a one-line ad with little detail.
- Provide More Information – Larger ad text allows making a stronger case to targets about why they should click on a particular ad.
- Increase Visibility on SERPs – The larger size of extended ads makes them more impressive on the search engine result pages.
- High-quality Leads – When more information is provided in the extended ads, people who are interested have a higher chance to respond. In fact, 50 percent of people who visit a site from paid ads are more likely to buy than those coming from an organic link.
- Offers Better Ad Ranking – Google uses a variety of factors to determine the ad position, including expected CTR, relevance and landing page experience. Using ad extensions will automatically improve page ranking, as it allows Google to offer a better variety of ad formats.
- Better Use of PPC Budget – As extensions improve click through rates, they can also contribute to lower cost-per-click (CPC), which in turn means you’re getting more out of your paid ad spend.
Types of Google Ads Extensions
In order to improve conversions from paid campaigns, Google Ad campaigns are important. However, to derive the best possible results, it is important to make sure that the right extensions are utilized. Here discussed are the different types of Google Ads extensions
- Location – Reports suggest that 46 percent of all Google searches are for local information. Ideal for businesses that rely on in-person visits for transactions, location extensions lets you add the physical address in the ad. These include – phone number or call button for mobile users, a map to the location, or the distance to it. This extension works for any businesses that primarily operate online and depend on in-person transactions, including restaurants, retail locations, and service providers like beauty salons.
- Product – Product extensions are a unique way to enhance products listing. This is a useful tool for any campaign wherein goods related to target keywords are sold. As products are more specific than location or phone number, it is important that the campaigns be more granular, particularly in cases where a wide variety of products are sold.
- Site links – Reports from WordStream suggest that advertisers have seen an 8 percent improvement in their click-through rate by using site links Google ads extension. These extensions are ideal for directing users to other pages on a website and allow target users to choose whether they would like to visit a website page. Common pages used with site links include – Contact Us pages, pricing pages, sale pages, and testimonials pages. It is important to choose whether site links need to be added at the account, campaign and ad group level. Only four links can be added at a time; therefore, make sure that the site link extensions added reflect a specific website.
- Structured Snippets – Identified by colons, structured snippets are perfect for highlighting products, services and popular features users may be searching for. In this way, it is possible to list a few different options the visitors will have if they click through to a website. Adding structured snippets not only helps provide value before the click, it can also help disqualify poor leads that may be taking up time and budget.
- Call Extensions – As per reports, about 63 percent of organic searches take place from a mobile device. Call extensions are a simple way to add a phone number and a direct calling option in an ad. By adding the call button, you can tell the target customers that a specific service is just a phone call away. For a business that operates in different locations, call extensions can be used along with location extensions to attract even more qualified traffic.
- Callout Extensions – These are 25-character snippets used to highlight important selling points, sales or any other key points about a business, products, or services. For instance, if a business website wants to promote 25 percent off sale, free delivery etc. callout extensions are perfect. The best callout extensions tend to use numbers and specifics. These extensions are quite easy to customize and makes it even easier to highlight some key business offerings.
- Affiliate Location Extensions – As per reports, about 76 percent of consumers who do a local search on their mobile phones visit a physical store in the next 24 hours. Therefore, it is important to make sure that target customers have the right information (including the location) when they are searching for products. Affiliate location extensions are useful for companies that sell their products through third-party retailers. With this type of extension, Google will display the nearest location where the product is sold, either as an address or on a map.
- Price Extensions – Pricing is one of the most important factors when they shop online. This type of extension is suitable for businesses that offer different products, sell service packages and have variable pricing. These extensions let set cost expectations upfront and help build trust with searchers. As a result, users remain informed and are more likely to buy by the time they search a specific website.
- App Extensions – Data suggests that 85 percent of mobile users prefer apps over mobile sites. App extensions offer a unique user experience that help increase the likelihood that target customers will spend more time using it and potentially find something that arouse their interest. By providing a download link in the text ad, app extensions make it easy for users to download it and this in a way could boost conversions.
- Promotion Extensions – The promotion Google ad extension involves highlighting sales and promotional offers a company makes available. This can include – price, discount percentage, sales offers, and other data on specific dates, days, or even hours – to attract customer attention.
Google Ads extensions are an excellent tool for those businesses who are looking for an easy way to increase click-through rates, attract more visitors and increase brand awareness and revenue. With different types of Google Ads extensions available, it is important to choose the most relevant one that suits your specific business goals. When applied properly, these extensions help generate quality leads and make the most of the PPC budget. Businesses looking to enhance their reputation and brand can benefit from the services of a reliable digital marketing services company to get their Google Ads ready.
Optimizing your Google ads means adopting certain measures to improve the performance of advertisements in an optimal way. A well-optimized advertisement has the right target and right audience at the right time. If you have enough traffic on your site but the number of people buying your services is low, you can adopt some techniques to improve your conversion rate. Let us see how to optimize Google ads to improve the overall performance of your page.
Use Google Ads Conversion Tracking to Analyze Your Conversions
It is essential to check the current performance or business generation of your ads. Google ads can help you to do this with a free tool called Google ads conversion tracking that provides details like the number of clicks that leads to meaningful actions. It helps you to analyze how useful your ads are. Conversion rate optimization services provided by reliable agencies can help businesses a lot.
- Use Research and PPC Spy Tools
Today, different tools are available to perform keyword research more easily. You need to apply some techniques to expand your account if it appears stagnant. If it can be done correctly, it will make a positive influence in Google Ads conversion value.
- Use Specific Keywords for Higher Conversion Rates
You can improve your Google Ads conversion rates once you are able to track your conversions. There is always a better conversion rate for specific keywords compared to general keywords.
This is a technique of targeting users who already visited your page. This is easier than converting new users and is also known as remarketing. For example, a user installed your application but has not purchased anything from it over a couple of months. You can target that user with the help of some techniques. You can add offers and other benefits to get their attention. RLSA or Remarketing Lists for Research Ads is a feature of Google that helps you to do remarketing. Proper tracking will help go back to your potential customers.
- Add Prices on Your Ads to Target Potential Customers
You can add the price of your products and services to identify the interest and potential of your customers. If a customer clicks on your advertisement after seeing the price, it shows that person’s interest in purchasing that particular product. It helps find the potential customers.
- Use Geolocation to Target Customers.
If you are targeting many countries or cities and only a few of them are converting and bringing profits, then why do you need to waste money and time on the others? You can improve the results by improving your advertisements in areas where you are getting high results. You can use the location tab to get the details of how different locations are targeted by your campaign.
- Place positive adjustments for locations that have better performance
- Place negative adjustments for locations with poor performance.
- You can remove locations on the basis of their performance
- Allocate more money for locations that perform better
As your performance can differ a lot with people in different genders, ages and classes, you need to dive deep into your demographics to figure it out. You can check the demographic data by using the audiences tab. It helps you to stop spending money on areas where there is no profit generation.
You can use Google search partners to show up your Ads on different sites. For example, Amazon and YouTube are Google search partners that can promote your ads in search results. It is always necessary to check the performance of your search partners and whether they are affecting the performance of your page. Ask.com, Dogpile.com and Lyvos.com are some other search partners.
- Make Necessary Bid Adjustments
You can do bid adjustments in devices and audiences just as in locations and demographics. For instance, if your business performs well on desktop and not so well on mobile, you need to raise your bid adjustments on desktops and lower your bid adjustments on mobile phones. This will help you to generate more conversions.
You can also do bid adjustments on the types of audiences that generate more conversions.
You can use negative keywords to improve your conversion rates. While using negative keywords, people searching for related keywords cannot reach your page unnecessarily. It limits people who are just visiting your website without an intention to purchase your products or services.
Negative keywords can help the ads to stop appearing where it is unnecessary. It helps avoid irrelevant queries that cannot generate conversions. Integrating certain negative keywords can always improve your conversion rate and revenue.
- Expand the List of Your Keywords
Check your keywords often to find out whether they generate profit or cost you money. The data can give you an idea about the keywords that are worth keeping. It is really helpful to identify new keywords and expand your keywords. It improves your site’s traffic and expands your customer base.
You can use Ad Testing to ensure the performance of your Ads. You can make some changes to your Ads in order to make them more appealing. Sometimes, even a mere change in the titles can bring a huge difference to your Ads. You can always make necessary modifications to make them even better.
Google Ads are really helpful and an effective strategy to bring more traffic to your websites. Big corporate firms and businesses are opting Google ads to secure top positions on all relevant platforms. It helps them to meet their targets and automatically generates more revenue.
At MedResponsive, our conversion rate optimization services aim at improving the conversion efficiency of websites in any industries, with Google ads as well as other marketing options.
Read our blogs on Google Ads for more details.
Performance planner is still new to the business sector, but it’s already helping to streamline Google Ads accounts for a great deal of businesses. Planner makes it easier for companies to organize their data and give more team members access to account information thus helping to boost efficiency and collaboration. It is a relatively new way to manage your Google Ads campaigns, make better business decisions, and increase ROI. So, if you want to sort out your advertising plan, you can reach out to digital marketing services in New York.
Google Ads Performance planner is a free Google Ads tool that helps to manage an advertising plan. It helps with making forecast model for one or more campaigns at a time. Performance Planner helps you improve your ad’s click-through rate, conversion rates, or other metrics and also suggests what changes to make to get better results from your campaign. It analyses data about your ad groups and their target audiences and historical data from similar campaigns to estimate what those groups should be worth over the next few months. Then it compares these estimates with actual results to give you a forecast of a campaign’s performance.
How Performance Planner Helps Businesses
- Detailed forecast: This is an excellent tool if you want your business and its ads campaign strategy to be more organized and structured. Performance planner provides you detailed reports of your ad campaign and how its performance can be improved over time. Businesses can create an action plan depending on the financial forecast of future months or quarters given by the planner.
- Good conversion rate: With accurate reports, businesses will have a clear idea about where to spend their money so that there will be a better performance for the money invested. This will help you increase the conversion rate with a similar budget by increasing targeting and placement in specific channels based on the data.
- Dashboard with clear data: The Performance planner’s before and after metric comparison table is an excellent way of seeing the changes that Google has suggested for your ad campaigns. You can also compare the spending and the key performance indicators of existing and planned campaigns side by side. This helps to gain valuable business insights instead of simply looking at the data.
- Optimization of keywords: Keywords play a significant role in your campaign, and it can either make or break your campaign. Google Ads Performance Planner helps you to differentiate between performing and under performing keywords. This helps businesses to change their strategy for maximum conversions.
New Updates in Google Ads Performance Planner
Now that you have a clear understanding of what Performance Planner is and how it helps businesses, let us now look at some latest updates on Google Performance planner.
Google’s Performance planner is getting four updates with the aim of helping users plan multiple campaigns and make informed changes. These updates will give more capabilities to the tool. So, here are the latest updates on Google Ads Performance Planner:
- Add more campaigns: Using past performance or adding manual forecasts across your whole account, your previous ineligible campaigns can now be added to your plan which includes old campaigns that have been deleted or have been running for less than 10 days, or are in a draft state.
- Know the recommendations: Google will offer more detailed recommendations in a new column under the title “suggested changes.”
- Secondary metrics: This helps understand the effect of changes to your campaigns beyond the key metrics. For instance, if you create a strategy to maximize conversions, you can consider adding a column that shows changes to clicks.
- Choose a time range: Use a historical conversion rate for a specific time range to get a more accurate estimate of what to expect for the date range you’re using in your plan.
Performance Planner can be used yearly, quarterly, monthly or weekly. But Google recommends using it weekly to provide valuable insights that business marketers can use to set up their campaigns. It helps to generate accurate predictions so that businesses can identify the market trends and new opportunities to stay ahead of the competitors.
Performance Planner is a free tool that is designed to optimize your budget and ad spend over multiple campaigns. Businesses can reach out to a reliable PPC marketing agency that can assist with setting up Performance Planner so as to gain valuable business insight and grow their business.
Need help with search engine optimization, content writing services, PPC services, and web design services? Our team at MedResponsive can help!Call us at (800) 941-5527 and schedule a FREE consultation with our Senior Solutions Manager.
To stay competitive, digital marketing for healthcare is vital for all entities in the healthcare business sector. Increasing importance is given for online marketing now because most people go online to find information about healthcare, and having your website show up among the top organic search engine results is vital. Today, every second 2.3 million searches are conducted on Google as it is the king of search engines. Google Ads are listed on the SERPs (search engine results pages), and are an effective way of driving relevant traffic to your website.
Google Ads are paid advertisements that appear at the top position in the search results page of Google with the use of Google AdWordsor ads that appear on other websites through the Display Network and Google’s AdSense program. The sponsored results will have label in green which says “Ad.”The results that appear below the ads are organic search results.
How do Google Ads work?
Marketers turns to Google Ads to advertise their products and this leads to competition in almost all products and services category. So, Google conducts an auction and decides which ads need to be shown. Whenever a Google search is performed, an auction takes place. It helps to decide which ads will appear for a specific search and in which order those ads will show on the page. The ads that win the auction are placed highest among the results and have the highest Ad Rank. Ad Rank refers to a value that determines your ad position among other ads. It is calculated by using your bid amount, the components of Quality Score and the expected impact of extensions and other ad formats. Quality Score is an aggregated estimate of your overall performance in ad auctions that consider the quality of your ads, keywords and landing pages. So, once you have a good quality score, let’s see how you should prepare your Google Ads for 2020, as suggested in a wordstream.com article.
- Make a list of KPIs: KPIs or Google ads key performance indicators are metrics that help you determine the success rate of Google ads. KPI differs from business to business depending on what they want to gain from Google ads. For example, focus on KPIs like clicks and click through rates if you want to get more traffic, and for content downloading, focus on KPIs like conversion rate, and cost per conversion. So knowing what you want from Google ads, you will know the important KPIs that you need to focus on. Create a saved set of columns that show KPIs that are important to you. When viewing any set of data (campaigns, ad groups, ads, etc.) you’ll see a “columns” button at the top left of the chart. Click on that and select “Modify columns.” Choose your KPIs and other metrics, then save the column and name it.
- Look for KPIs that are low performing: Conversion rate, click-through rate, cost per action etc are some of the KPIs and it is important to know how these KPIs are performing. If you are finding it difficult to come up with benchmarks to aim for, then take a look at averages for competitors in your industry. The benchmarks may differ based on what you are promoting. After identifying your KPIs, take measures to improve their performance. For example, if your CTR is low then it could be because your ad copy is not resonating with your audience and you need to work on it. Similarly, if your conversion rate is low then you must work on your landing pages.
- Check your bidding strategy: There are two categories in bidding strategy in Google Ads – manual bidding and automated bidding. Bid strategies are controlled based on campaign level. To switch, click on “Settings” under any campaign. Under “Bidding,” click on “Change bid strategy.” After clicking that you will find a lot of options. An automated bidding strategy is less time-consuming and you’ll need to let Google know what you want to focus on such as conversions, conversion value, clicks, or impression share. After selecting the option, you have to fill out some information on your target or maximum spend based on whichever goal you’re focusing on. This means that you trust the Google algorithm to adjust bids for you based on their performance predictions. Manual bidding on the other hand is somewhat time consuming and here you can decide yourself which ad groups and keywords you’d like to adjust bids on based on your own analysis of their performance. Therefore, this option gives you good control over your bids. In short,the bid strategy you choose to adopt would depend on how much time and effort you are willing to spend on bidding, and the extent of control you wish to have over your bids.
- Use some negative words: This will help avoid wasted expenditure within your Google Ads account. The search terms that result in your ad being shown keep on changing. So, looking through them, picking out totally extraneous ones and adding those negative keywords are crucial. Consider negative keyword lists for each campaign, as well as a keyword list for your entire account. If you find a topic that is irrelevant to the ads but relevant for your business, commonly shows up you can create a new campaign or ad group for that topic.
- Add a retargeting audience: Tagging your site with Google tracking Pixel helps to get enough traffic to meet Google’s requirement. It also helps to refresh your Google Ads account by retargeting audience. Retargeting audience helps show your ads to users that have previously visited your website. These audiences are configured at campaign level. Use creative ways to retarget your website visitors to reach users who have already shown interest in your brand, product, or services.
- Make bid adjustments on devices: The best way to control your bidding is adjustment on devices based on their performance. This is controlled on the campaign or ad group level. Device settings can be adjusted by navigating to a campaign and clicking on “Devices.” Make sure that your column is configured to show your KPI and compare performance data for each device and then increase or decrease your bids.
Google Ads are useful for businesses to help them meet their goals to increase brand awareness and revenue. Healthcare businesses looking to enhance their reputation and brand can utilize a reliable medical SEO service to get their Google Ads ready.
What could be the simplest and quickest way to draw a prospective customer’s attention to your product? Though experienced SEO companies that provide organic search engine optimization services know many ways, a concise title could be one of the best ways to make the targeted audience reach your products much faster. That is, by providing a short, attention-grabbing title, advertisers can create an opportunity to capture their audience’s attention faster.
Recently, Google introduced a new optional attribute called the “Short Title” through their Merchant Center, which allows you to be more concise and to the point with your products. Shortened titles for products ads need to be concise and will be used in a browsing context.
“Short Title” for Product Ads
To identify the products in Google Merchant Center and to improve click-through rates, online retailers can now add an optional short title for product listing ads.
Full product titles often get truncated – users may not be seeing all the relevant information from the product ad – in the “browsy” contexts Google has mentioned. However, the new short title attribute provides retailers with an alternate, concise way to identify their products and is intended to show in “browsy experiences,” like Discovery campaigns and Shopping ads on Gmail.
“Title” Vs “Short Title” attribute
When compared to the “title” attribute – which is required in the ad set up – the “short title” attribute is optional. Also, the title attribute more accurately matches the product landing page, as well as a customer’s search. Whereas, short title attribute is a brief and concise identification of your product.
Where Can We See the Short Title Attribute?
Mostly, the new “short title” attribute for Google product listing ads will be shown in places where users typically do a lot of browsing, including shopping ads, Gmail and a large proportion of Google Discovery campaigns. However, as this attribute is an optional feature, it won’t always be shown across the entire Google network.
Minimum Requirements for a Short Title
To make sure you submit high-quality data for your products, follow certain guidelines provided by Google.
- Use a relevant short title that clearly describes your product.
- Be concise.
- Describe the product shown on your landing page and make sure the short title describes the product you’re linking to.
- Use professional and grammatically correct language.
- Avoid gimmicky ways of drawing attention by including all caps, symbols, HTML tags, and promotional text.
- Don’t use words from foreign languages unless they’re well understood
- Write foreign words using the alphabet of your target language.
- Don’t use foreign characters for gimmicky purposes, because, this technique is common in spam and untrustworthy ads.
- Use capital letters only when it is required and appropriate. Don’t use capital letters just for emphasizing.
- Don’t include promotional text.
- Don’t add information such as price, sale price, sale dates, shipping, delivery date, other time-related information, or your company’s name.
- Don’t use extra white spaces.
If all these guidelines aren’t followed properly, then Google will disapprove the product, because these are the minimum requirements to meet for a short title to be eligible to be shown to users.
Best Practices for Short Titles
To optimize your product data for performance and to help you go beyond the basic requirements, follow certain best practices recommended by Google for short titles. Check out these best practices that work for everyone including Google Ads specialists and experienced marketers.
- Limit your short titles to 65 or fewer characters (or less). Most users only see the first text of 65 characters in a title that is short.
- Try to be concise and insert the most important details first, because, users don’t always read the entire title, especially in “a browsy experience,” where they are scrolling quickly.
- Make sure the title is very specific to the topic and provides clear expectations for your readers. It must clearly reflect the content that follows.
- Optimize your title for your audience. For instance, if you run a restaurant that introduces some special recipes each day, use some interesting title such as, “24 Brilliant Baking Recipes to Change Your Kitchen Game”
- Consider including your primary keyword in the content, based on search intent. But never stuff your page titles with keywords.
- It is important to prioritize your Most Important Things. The users’ attention span has dropped to just eight seconds – reducing almost 25% in two years. As soon as you can and prioritize the most crucial points when you write a title, particularly as readers are likely to be browsing your content at a rapid pace.
This latest attribute has been welcomed by webmasters and marketers, as they can now optimize their product titles even further in Google Merchant Centre. Experienced local SEO companies keep track of new features launched by Google or social media platforms to understand how it can impact their clients’ digital marketing campaigns.
Need support to implement result-driven digital marketing strategies?
Among the many local SEO companies, MedResponsive, our social media digital marketing company can handle all aspects of developing your brand’s social presence.
Contact us at (800) 941-5527. We can help you take your digital marketing campaign to the next level and personalize your campaign to match your brand and message.