Google Ads, an online advertising platform by Google, announced the v11 version of their API, on June 8, 2022. Google ads can effectively control your advertising budget. Google Ads API is an advanced programmatic interface feature that lets advertisers interact with and make changes to their Google Ads account through applications they create. It supports developers and advertisers with automated account management, custom reporting, ad management based on inventory and help manage Smart Bidding strategies.
v11, the latest version of the Google Ads API includes support for smart campaigns, manual CPA, and improved visibility for asset sourcing. Additionally, Google added increased support for viewing metrics in Reach Forecast. Being an experienced digital marketing services company in the U.S., MedResponsive is up to date with the current changes.
Check out Google’s video on this update
Google Ads API v11- Check Out The Highlights
Here are the Google Ads’ Highlights on the v11 Version of the API:
- Campaign.performance_max_upgrade is added to show the status information about a campaign being upgraded to Performance Max. This new Recommendation can be used to initiate the upgrade.
- Added support for using business profiles optimized for ads as landing pages.
- Replaced SmartCampaignSetting.business_location_id with SmartCampaignSetting.business_profile_location to accept the resource names of the Google Business Profile location to associate with Smart campaigns
- Added support of the ManualCpa bidding strategy, the MaximizeConversions bidding strategy, and ad schedules for Local Services campaigns
- Added AssetSource to show the source of asset or asset link for whom the entity is generated. You can retrieve this value in Asset, CustomerAsset, CampaignAsset, and AdGroupAsset
- Added several new fields to support retrieving co-viewing metrics in Reach Forecast
- Removed DateSpecificRuleUserListInfo and its association with RuleBasedUserListInfo
- Renamed MaximizeConversions.target_cpa to MaximizeConversions.target_cpa_micros. MaximizeConversions.target_cpa of AccessibleBiddingStrategy is renamed to target_cpa_micros.
Compared to Google Ads API v10, protos that were added in API v11 include
Check out the changed protos list here.
Google recommends that the best way to set up new ads in the API is to use the “Add Expanded Text Ads” code example in the “Basic Operations” folder of the client library.
When it comes to ad management, various ad types and features are available in the API. Different ad formats are – Text, Responsive, Image, App promotion ads, Video, Product Shopping ads, and Call-only ads. The ad formats available will depend on the user’s campaign type (App, Display, Discovery, Local, Performance Max, Search, Smart, Shopping, and Video) and campaign goal.
Google ads typically appear on two networks – The Search network (Google search result pages, other Google sites – Maps and Shopping, and partnering search sites) and The Display network (Google sites like YouTube, Blogger, Gmail, and thousands of partnering websites).
AdService helps to manage ads, allows to mutate the ads without losing their performance data, Ads of certain types can be referenced from multiple ad groups, referred to as ad sharing. However, not all ad types are mutable and if an ad type is not mutable, it must be removed and recreated to affect changes. Ad customizers help to customize the text content of extended text ads by using text placeholders, countdowns, and IF functions.
Types of companies that can benefit from the Google Ads API include Ad agencies, Search Engine Marketing (SEM) companies, and Big brands that are managing a large number of accounts.
It was on February 2022 that Google announced the release of the v10 Google Ads API, with a stern reminder that developers need to migrate away from the legacy AdWords API immediately. With the latest v11 version, developers who use APIs to manage and report on Google Ad campaigns will have an easier time making changes, migrating campaign types, and preserving budgets, assets, and settings. It also allows more functionality options regarding the use of Business Profiles as landing pages, and ad schedules for local services.
Read our blogs:
|How to Optimize Google Ads for Conversions||Boost Your CTR with Different Types of Google Ads Extensions|