To interact and engage with potential customers on social media, it is crucial for businesses to publish regularly and have an active presence. But maintaining consistency in posting, coming up with fresh content ideas, staying on top of trends, etc., could be difficult. Additionally, this raises the likelihood of making mistakes, forgetting publishing deadlines, or scheduling posts improperly. Utilizing a social media calendar that lets you monitor the quality and regularity of your material is the best method to resolve this issue. It provides a schedule of your future social media updates, arranged by date and executes them well. Creating social media calendars helps social media marketers to schedule posts, manage campaigns, and evaluate current tactics. Social media marketing services can help businesses with everything from content production to timely publication.
Social media calendars are tools for proactive scheduling, planning, and posting of social media content. Marketers use them to schedule posts, plan the information to distribute, manage campaigns of many social media postings, keep track of deadlines and workflows, and review content that has already been posted. Every successful strategy or campaign is built around a well-planned social media calendar. It is a prerequisite for developing a regular social media posting schedule, and it is crucial for outlining your approach.
How to Create Social Media Calendars
A social media content calendar organizes posts. It includes what, where, when, why and how to post and whom to tag in the post. The following are the five steps to create social media calendars.
- Choose your social media platforms: Although it seems obvious, this is one of the most critical steps you must follow but is frequently skipped. Take a step back and consider which social media channels you should be using before you start focusing on specific social postings and channel-specific methods. It is not necessary to be active on every social media site; instead, concentrate on the ones where you have the most potential audience. Your platforms can be more focused if you are aware of your audience’s preferences, which is the first step in developing platform-specific content strategies and highly engaging content for your audience.
- Analyze the current social media platforms and content: You must have a thorough understanding of the present state of your social media landscape before taking any action. Find out about the social media strategies that work and don’t work for your business, along with what is posted and how things are posted. Look for any patterns in a representative sample of your previous social media posts. During this process, you can consider the following inquiries:
- Which channels are you employing, and how effective are they?
- Does the time you post have an impact on how well it performs?
- How does post engagement differ depending on the length of the content?
- Are any channels performing better than others in particular?
- How many people like, share, and comment on your posts on average?
- Do posts with graphics or videos perform better than posts with text?
To find answers to these questions, you should be armed with numerous ideas and trials to try out along with insightful information about your present social media landscape.
- Pick your social media platforms and content mix: A crucial component of your social media strategy and a crucial first step in creating a social media schedule is deciding what kind of content to post. There are some common marketing techniques for content mix that you can use as a starting point:
Social media’s thirds rule
- One-third of your postings should be used to advertise or encourage sales.
- One- third of your postings should share curated articles from thought leaders in the sector
- Your followers’ personal interactions should be featured in one-third of your social media posts.
80-20 principle: 80% of your postings should be educational, entertaining, or informative and 20% of your postings should be advertisements or conversion boosters.
Choose the social media platforms to use for the various sorts of material. Some might not even be required and user-generated content and selected content should be scheduled. You won’t feel overburdened trying to create everything yourself that way.
- Choose what needs to be in your calendar: You should include information in your social media calendar that will help you achieve your intended objectives because your social media calendar should be customized to your business and goals.
Your calendar should first show the following:
- The platforms you utilize
- The day and hour that your posts will go live
- Links, images, videos, and written text
As you gain experience using your calendar, you might wish to add the following to it:
- Reels, TikTok LIVE, surveys, shoppable posts, and other platform-specific content
- Campaigns that are vertical or related, such as contests and product launches
- Get review: Each member of your marketing team should be able to understand the value of an efficient social calendar. To make sure it meets the needs of everyone, seek input and suggestions from stakeholders as well as your team. As you begin to use your calendar, assess how it feels to you and request continuing input from the team. You might want to tone down some of the detail, for instance, if it feels tedious and demanding. You might need to add a couple of columns if it’s not detailed enough. Like your business, your schedule is certainly going to develop over time.
Tools for Creating Social Media Calendar
- Google sheets:Google Sheets is a web-based spreadsheet programme that is free and used for a variety of tasks, including data storage and bookkeeping. Spreadsheets are often used in place of more sophisticated options when there isn’t a budget available, according to several businesses. However, doing so results in a lack of functionality that will eventually require attention as your brand develops. For individuals who wish to plan their social media strategy but are unable to dedicate themselves to a professional SMM programme, Google Sheets is the perfect solution. The initial configuration of the calendar can take some time, and you might need the assistance of an inside expert to “programme” a certain degree of functionality, but after that, usage should be rather simple.
- Adobe Marketo Engage is an all-in-one marketing automation solution with which you can create marketing campaigns quickly and create audiences and segmentation that are predicted by AI. Personalized social ads based on interests, intent, engagement, and more can help you increase audience engagement when combined with Marketo Engage. More than just social networking is what Marketo Engage is made to do. The comprehensive feature set of this product is great for marketing teams looking to support email, sales, and advertising campaigns in addition to social media initiatives.
- Hootsuite: The social networking tool from HootSuite also offers a column-based layout, making it a useful choice for visual planners. It allows you to make a single dashboard for your social media schedule that includes monitoring and engagement tactics like message answering.
- SocialBee: To make publishing quicker and simpler, SocialBee’s social media calendar posts and categorizes your content. If you wish to improve your content strategy, you may assign a category a certain posting schedule or even suspend it. You may also set time-sensitive posts to expire after a certain period of time or a certain amount of shares using this social media calendar.
- Sprout Social: With the aid of post volume and notes, the social media calendar from Sprout Social lets you put your posting into perspective. To let your team know about your plan, include a personalized message at the top of your calendar at the times when you publish the most regularly.
Benefits of Creating Social Media Content Calendar
By using a schedule for social media content, you can include strategy and metrics into your social media planning and revitalize your accounts. A social media content calendar can also assist you with the following:
- Keep a regular publishing schedule: It can be challenging to correctly envision when you post on each of your accounts without a central social media calendar. You need a calendar for every forthcoming and past post if you want to effortlessly ensure that each account is receiving the proper amount of care and attention. Additionally, by picturing your posts beforehand, you can make sure there won’t be any upcoming coverage gaps or, if necessary, arrange for additional posts in those windows.
- Make content planning centralized: You might want to include a customer quote, a link to a blog post, an image, or a new video depending on where and what you’re posting. A social media content calendar can assist you in making decisions about what you need and in locating these resources throughout your marketing team. It can also ensure that the contents are correctly categorized and related to the appropriate posts.
- Perfect the time for each post: Each social media post involves considerable effort and thought. However, if you don’t have a strategy in place to share and promote those pieces, they may get lost in the newsfeed and your audience won’t see the incredible material you’ve made especially for them. You may arrange when to submit each of your posts on social media using a social calendar, which allows you to organize all of your posts in advance.
- Prevent costly errors: Ensure that everything you upload is flawless and copyedited. To avoid spelling errors, make sure you’re constantly using the appropriate links and images, and to stop major errors in their tracks, view all upcoming posts.
How to Measure the Success of Your Social Media Calendar
- Engagement: Your core engagement indicators are among the simplest to monitor. These indicators demonstrate how frequently people interact with your content. Fundamentally, a content resonates with its readers more, the more engagement it receives. More engagement also implies that the algorithm will naturally share your post with more accounts, including accounts that do not follow you, on the majority of social media sites. Asking your audience a challenging question, being creative, or posting about hot subjects are a few strategies to increase interaction. On every post on every social network, the quantity of likes, comments, and shares is typically openly visible. As a result, you can monitor both your own and your competitors’ participation.
- Referrals: This indicator tracks the number of people who find your website through a social media network. A top-of-funnel sales measure that demonstrates how much your social media efforts are influencing your website is the number of referrals. To fully understand how social media is impacting your business, you should monitor additional data. To track this measure, you need to put in some effort. Either add UTM (Urchin Tracking Module) parameters to links, or add a little amount of tracking code to your website. Once implemented, you’ll be able to monitor social media referrals on your website’s analytics and identify the social network from which the referral originated.
- Impression and reach: The total number of social media accounts that view your post is known as reach. The fact that this metric measures brand awareness makes it useful. Since many of your followers will not constantly be engaged on social media, the average social media post will typically have a reach that is lower than your total number of followers. Given that it is shared outside of your network, a strong social post with higher engagement will have an impact that is greater than your social media following. When measuring social media advertising, the impression metric is more beneficial. Every social network has a different place to find this metric. You may examine the impressions of each of your posts on Twitter and LinkedIn. On their marketing dashboards, other networks show reach. You should be able to track reach and impressions with your social media tech stack.
Social media calendars provide structure for your publishing schedule and aid in producing quantifiable outcomes that you can utilize to build a solid plan going forward. To create social media calendar, generate content ideas, develop appealing content, and post it consistently and on time, you can turn to social media marketing services.
MedResponsive is a top-ranking search engine optimization company in the USA that can assist your business in building a strong social media presence to draw in new customers. Call (800)941-5527 for a free SEO consultation.
Having a strong social media presence is crucial for any business, as social media users are growing at a massive pace. These users tend to spend a significant amount of time on various social media platforms. Effective social media marketing strategies can help increase brand awareness and thus grow your business online.
Marketing via social media provides diverse benefits for a business such as – boost brand awareness and authority, acquire new clients, help clients acquire a business website, improve SEO efforts and much more. With increased competition, building a strong social media presence or effectively marketing a business has become quite challenging. Social media marketing services provided by experts in this field are a unique way to increase online engagement and optimize brand presence.
Social Media Marketing Mistakes to Avoid
- Analyze business data to understand specific actions to take
- Search and find the right kind of tools
- Post something of value
- Content should make a positive connection among the audiences
Going off the Topic
- Never post outdated topics
- Make posts that are interesting
- Include a compelling call-to-action
- Approach followers on a personal level
- Reply to customer requests in a professional, yet personalized manner
Avoiding Negative Feedback
- Never ignore negative comments
- Respond carefully in a more professional manner
Being Active on All Social Platforms at Once
- Focus on marketing efforts on one specific platform rather than on all platforms
- Focus on the social accounts where valuable leads and clients are frequent
Focusing on Wrong Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Identify the KPIs that are relevant to your brand
Ignoring social media analytics is another important mistake to avoid. Taking advantage of analytics helps gain insights about the target audience and learn about the demographics of users interacting with the content. Never focus on quantity over quality, when it comes to getting followers. It is not the number of followers an account has that counts, but rather the engagement rate. To attract higher-quality followers, brands can use various social media tools, such as Facebook Insights, Buffer and customize their posts to maximize engagement. Avoid these common social media marketing mistakes to create a reliable strategy that will establish your business account as a solid brand.
Need professional support with social media marketing? Our services include posting unique blogs, images, videos, and other content that drives audience engagement, paid social media advertising, and more. Talk to us at (800)941-5527!
Instagram has increased its popularity within the business community by giving any Instagram business account the ability to publish stories, track audience engagement, and engage with customers. Instagram is a valuable platform for advertising since it is filled with aspirational content, celebrities, micro-influencers, fashion, and travel content. It has a number of appealing features, and Instagram Stories are one of the finest methods to grow audience engagement and brand recognition. Users now spend the most time on Instagram engaging with Stories, which has seen tremendous growth in usage over the past year. This means that it is time for companies to invest in social media marketing services that will enable them to engage directly with their Instagram Stories followers and grow their company.
Reasons to Use Instagram Stories for Marketing
- Marketing in Real Time: Businesses must offer clients timely and pertinent material to maximize the effectiveness of their marketing campaigns. With real-time marketing, you can contact your customers right away and get their reaction, encouraging more people to join your campaign.
- Instagram Stories Maintain Your Brand’s Visibility: Stories on the Instagram App stay at the top of your followers’ accounts, unlike normal posts, which are probably outpaced by content from other accounts. The exposure provided by Instagram Stories keeps your brand visible and in your customers’ minds, offering you an advantage and a means to keep them loyal to your business.
- Advertise on Instagram Stories: There are 1.22 billion users of Instagram, according to estimates. It goes without saying that Instagram Stories are helpful if you want to launch marketing campaigns. Instagram Stories advertising can be very effective for generating leads, boosting sales, and/or directing traffic because they are inserted between regular Stories and appear to be regular Stories.
- Better interaction with your audience: Instagram Stories are engaging and a fantastic method to connect with your target audience on a more personal level. Some quick ideas include asking for opinions on a new product, running polls using the Poll stickers, encouraging followers to respond to questions in direct messages, hosting team member Q&As using the Questions sticker or via DMs, etc. Your overall engagement rates on Instagram increase the more your audience engages with you there.
- To drive traffic to your website: Use Instagram to its full potential by sharing links on your Stories. To encourage visitors to return to your website, use links whenever relevant and practical. You might invite influencers to connect directly to your items if you are running an influencer marketing campaign and encourage them to mention your business in their Stories. Using Instagram Stories, you may also direct traffic to blog posts, contests, lead magnets, and any other content you want your fans to view on your website even if you’re not selling anything.
Tips to Market Your Business Using Instagram Stories
- Create a visual identity: Consider first and foremost how you want your brand to appear on Stories. Nothing about this is final but think whether you want the personality of your brand to appear on Stories. For instance, you might simply want to share unfiltered, in-the-moment content from behind the scenes on Instagram Stories, or you might want a much more carefully managed aesthetic and use predefined themes when posting Stories content. Consider carefully how you want your story to appear on Instagram first. Then start creating Stories that fits.
- Stickers encourage conversation: Instagram Stories currently includes a lot of fantastic interactive features, like Stickers. You should actually employ Stickers to encourage interaction from your followers and so enhance your engagement if you want to make Stories work for you. Some concepts:
- Conduct insightful or random polls using poll stickers.
- Get to know your followers better by asking them questions or by inviting them to do so.
- GIFs can be used to add some entertainment.
- Request direct messages from your followers.
To link to products and encourage visitors to click through to your website, use product stickers.
- Add CTAs: Make sure your stories have clear calls to action so that your audience knows exactly what you want them to do after viewing them. This might be as easy as asking them to DM you or click on a product link.
- Incorporate user-generated content: Many businesses lack the time or resources necessary to consistently provide fresh material for Stories. Most likely, your followers are producing brand-related content that you may share on your Stories. Use your user-generated content if your audience are producing it since people love to see other people just like them featured on brand social media pages.
- Plan out your stories: You need to join the scheduling and automating club if you want to really take your Instagram Stories approach to the next level. Instagram may become a full-time job if you feed it. So, scheduling content for posting on your Instagram account might save you a lot more time. Get into the habit of writing your Stories content in batches rather than one at a time. The time you save by planning and producing a lot of content at once is actually considerably greater. It not only helps you plan ahead and create material that tells better tales, but also saves you time.
- Utilize the highlights in Instagram Stories: Do not neglect to use highlights. Adding your Stories to the highlights broadens their audience and improves their visibility. Highlights are a terrific way to save material that your audience will find time and over again. The utility of a wonderful tutorial that you produce through a collection of Stories, for instance, need not vanish after 24 hours. You may point your followers to it whenever they require the knowledge if you save it to your highlights. There are various ways to use highlights depending on your brand. It’s not necessary to limit it to tutorials. Some companies use it to highlight and store new season merchandise. It might be used by others to compile frequently asked questions.
- Utilize the countdown function: A wonderful method to give your Instagram Stories some urgency is to use the countdown tool. You can add the countdown timer to your Stories promoting an event, such as the launch of a new product or a significant offer. This can boost your overall conversion rate and help you generate excitement for the event. You can also use this feature to let your clients know that you only have a limited number of a particular product in stock. Inform your customers when a hot item is about to sell out and when a new supply is expected.
- Your Stories should have hashtags: You may strengthen your bonds with your present followers by using stories, but you also need to attract new ones. Stickers with hashtags are the most effective way to achieve it in your Stories. Find out which hashtags your target audience uses most frequently by conducting some research. This will guarantee that you are appearing in front of the appropriate individuals.
Instagram Stories are an essential component of every marketing plan. However, keeping up with all the many forms of material on Instagram might occasionally seem like an impossible chore. Your Stories should be an accurate reflection of your brand and can aid in developing relationships with your audience that go beyond simple content consumption. So, get in touch with a social media marketing service that can assist you in developing and scheduling the appropriate content for your stories.
MedResponsive is one of the top full-service digital marketing agencies in the USA. Our team is capable of managing every facet of growing your brand’s social media presence. Schedule a FREE consultation with our senior solutions manager by calling (800) 941-5527.
Customers who regularly log on to social media are exposed to various brands on a daily basis, and this offers enormous opportunity for businesses. Social media has grown to be the most prominent and significant virtual area, where users can promote their brands and products, thus using the platform for more than just social networking. It enables you to reach a wide audience quickly after placing an ad, thus lowering your costs and increasing the reach of your advertisements. However, social media also poses significant difficulties for businesses due to its dynamic environment that is quite noisy and busy, and it can be challenging to keep up with shifting top social media trends. However, businesses can invest in social media marketing services that can assist them in spotting emerging social media trends and adapting their strategies accordingly to stay competitive, boost their rankings, draw more traffic, and increase conversion rates.
Top Social Media Trends
- Short video: The most downloaded app in 2021 was TikTok, and by the end of 2022, the platform is anticipated to have 5 billion active users. Other social media platforms such as Instagram and YouTube launched short-form video alternatives to withstand TikTok’s popularity. If you haven’t tried using short-form videos for social media, do it in 2023. You can start by cutting short segments from already-existing videos or by making entirely new pieces for posting.
- Use of social messaging: Private social messaging is becoming more and more popular. The growing popularity of social messaging is already being tapped upon by social media platforms. Advertisers can now showcase their brands in users’ newsfeeds on Facebook, and when users click the ads, a chat window with the advertiser on Messenger opens. Millennials in particular are drawn to social messaging because they long for the customization, openness, and teamwork that messaging apps offer. Businesses are anticipated to take advantage of the large audience based on social messaging platforms this year. In order to improve connection with current and potential customers and shorten reaction times on social media, more customer care chatbots are also expected.
- Live video: With the introduction of Facebook Live, YouTube Live, TikTok Live, and Instagram Live, live video is being more widely used. You can record unprocessed, live video using mobile devices. Additionally, live videos let marketers communicate thrilling developments right away, capture ongoing events, and even make announcements. However, live videos’ marketing potential doesn’t end there. Live shopping, in which businesses can encourage viewers to buy their goods during live streams, is another trend that is gaining popularity. By enabling online buyers to view their products in real time, this trend enables marketers to forge better bonds with their clients.
- Using influencer marketing: It should come as no surprise that influencer marketing will keep growing in popularity in 2023. As of right now, it generates $5.20 in revenue on average for every $1 spent on this kind of promotion. Almost all digital businesses now use something that was previously only employed by a small number of marketers. The influence of some influencers, whether through TikTok, Instagram, YouTube, or businesses working with these people, can produce a significant return on investment. Businesses should be cautious when determining precisely what kind of influencers their business needs. This form of marketing can fail if the wrong people are selected, and the audience and reach are irrelevant.
- Rise in paid advertising: Facebook altered its algorithm in 2016 and the modification gave priority to posts from friends and family over those from brands, which reduced traffic to content websites. Brands are now having a difficult time getting results from social media traffic that is only organic. This implies that firms must pay for social media advertising if they want people to view their pages. The price of paid social media advertising has increased, nevertheless, as a result of increased competition. In 2021, social media ad spending exceeded $181 billion, and over the next few years, it is anticipated to increase to over $358 billion.
- Social commerce: There is an increase in social commerce, where users of social media platforms explore and buy goods. Due to this, companies can advertise their ecommerce goods on social media platforms, including Instagram’s Shoppable posts. Moreover, you can make buyable Pins on Pinterest, add buy buttons to your Tweets, and create product catalogs on Facebook. The year 2023 is the ideal moment to develop a social shopping strategy if you own an online store.
- Greater personalization: Businesses can provide social media users more customized content as the amount of data available to marketers keeps growing. In other words, personalization makes sure you show the appropriate adverts to the appropriate individuals at the appropriate times. The volume of content released online has greatly increased, therefore there is less of a possibility that your social media content will connect with users if it is not personalized. A growth in specialty content and creative campaigns is expected in 2023 that will assist you in grabbing social media users’ attention.
- Integrating email marketing and social media: The distinctions between various digital marketing channels are blurring. Marketers aim to close the gap between them so they may collect as much data as they can and use it wisely. As a result, a multichannel strategy has been developed with the intention of delivering users a wholly immersive brand experience. Setting and maintaining a brand tone, as well as coordinating your social media and email efforts, are necessary for this marketing plan to succeed. Using them for distinct objectives is a smart method to mix the two channels. While email marketing prioritizes conversion, social media platforms are wonderful for increasing audience interest in brands and raising brand exposure. A cross-channel campaign, such as a social media gift in exchange for signing up for your email newsletter, is an excellent place to start.
- Augmented reality: People may sometimes add computer filters to their real-world images and those are called augmented reality effects. In short, augmented reality (AR) enhances and modifies real-world visual content to make it stand out on social media. Particularly with younger audiences, it’s a very well-liked feature. However, the popularity of augmented reality on social media goes beyond cute eyeglasses and bunny ears. Facebook and Instagram users now have better social purchasing experiences due to AR. Although only a few different product kinds are now supported, the technology offers a large potential for the consumer sector. The fact that all you need is a smartphone and the growth of social commerce should make its continued popularity predictable. Marketers are beginning to include augmented reality (AR) into their social outreach operations to capitalize on the technology’s rising popularity.
Social media trends keep changing every year. So, if businesses want to make significant improvement with their brand in the field of marketing, it is important for them to invest in social media marketing services so that they can stay abreast with top social media trends and also drive more traffic and increase sales.
Twitter has launched 3 new ad products. Twitter is a powerful tool for businesses to achieve their marketing goals. The holiday season is the most crucial time for brands to enhance their outreach. Brands mostly rely on social media marketing to grow their business, engage their audience, build community, and deliver spectacular customer service. To meet the holiday season advertising requirement, Twitter recently shared three key product launches: Website Conversions Optimization, Dynamic Product Ads, and Collection Ads. These ad products will drive mid- to lower-funnel results for advertisers and improved relevance for Twitter users.
Advertisers on Twitter can test these new ad features and options to focus on those users who are most likely to take specific actions. Though these updates were announced in August, they were released late in November, just before Thanksgiving.
Twitter said that, “To build a more effective performance advertising business, we are increasing our investment across various initiatives, including updates to our optimization models, conversion options, and measurement solutions ”
August Ad Measurement Solutions
In August 2022, Twitter had launched three other measurement solutions to all advertisers globally – Improved Twitter Pixel, Conversion API (CAPI), and App Purchase Optimization.
- Twitter Pixel is a new measurement solution that enables conversion tracking, which is the backbone of performance advertising. This solution is ideal for advertisers to measure their return on ad spend by tracking the actions people take after viewing, clicking or engaging with ads on Twitter.
- Conversion API (CAPI) enables advertisers to connect to Twitter’s API endpoint and send conversion events to Twitter from their servers without using third-party cookies. This solution also improves value for businesses while maintaining the company’s privacy and security commitments by relying less on third-party cookies. It also helps improve optimization and ad targeting without the need for a Twitter Pixel. This means an advertiser can connect data to see conversions without placing a tag on their site.
- App Purchase Optimization makes Twitter the right place for driving lower funnel outcomes for performance advertisers. This solution enables advertisers to deliver ads to people most likely to install an app or make a purchase by using machine learning to identify audiences that are more likely to take an action.
November Ad Products
New ad products launched in November 2022 are –
Website Conversions Optimization (WCO)
This ad campaign will improve the way advertisers reach customers who are most likely to convert on a lower-funnel website action such as click on add-to-cart or purchase. To optimize, WCO requires use of the Twitter Pixel or Conversion API (CAPI).
While using this campaign, marketers should first identify a specific goal beyond the landing page visit, such as –
- leads, or
Twitter has mentioned that, “Our user-level algorithms will then target with greater relevance, reaching people most likely to meet your specific goal — at 25% lower cost-per-conversion on average, per initial testing.”
Dynamic Product Ads (DPA)
This new ad product helps advertisers to showcase relevant products to the right person, at the right time, based on their activity both on and off Twitter, which will further help drive sales or conversions.
While DPA Retargeting allows serving ads to targeted consumers, featuring products they have engaged with on your website but haven’t yet purchased, DPA Prospecting helps acquire new customers who haven’t visited the website via ads featuring specific products that are most relevant to them.
The third stage is Integration, where the advertisers can get their product catalog onto Twitter through integration with Twitter Marketing Partners.
Twitter’s initial testing showed 30-88% improvement in cost-per-acquisition for advertisers who used Dynamic Product Ads. DPA Retargeting requires use of the Twitter Pixel or Conversion API to optimize with behavior from your site and DPA Prospecting performance benefits from Twitter Pixel or Conversion API implementation but does not require it.
Collection Ads allows advertisers to deliver a collection of product images through a primary hero image and smaller thumbnail images below it, creating an immersive and visually-forward experience for people on the platform.
Twitter says, “The primary image remains static while people can browse through the thumbnails via horizontal scroll. When tapped, each image can drive consumers to a different landing page.”
The initial testing of this ad product showed a 42% increase in average click-through rate and a 54% increase in average conversions per impression.
These three new advertising options are designed to get people to visit and take action on businesses’ websites. Earlier, Twitter advertisers optimized campaigns only to focus on clicks, site visits, and conversions. Now, they can further optimize for page views, content views, add-to-cart, and purchases.
Need support with Twitter marketing? MedResponsive, an experienced digital marketing agency in the U.S, has extensive expertise in social media marketing. Talk to our team at (800) 941-5527.
Are you searching for innovative strategies or ways to make more people see your Facebook posts?
In an era of declining organic reach, reaching the full potential on Facebook is not an easy task, especially when the social posts aren’t developing much traction.”Like us on Facebook” has become such a common phrase that it is quite hard to imagine the platform any other way. The potential audience Facebook caters to is massive.
Even if the number of total users withered for the first time in early 2022, getting Facebook likes still promotes the content to some 2.11 billion accounts. Starting a FB page may be easy, but with the falling organic reach and engagement, growing a FB page can be challenging. Social media marketing strategies designed by a reputable digital marketing services company can help in fine tuning marketing tactics to increase exposure and boost FB organic reach.
What Exactly Is FB Organic Reach?
In simple terms, organic reach refers to the total number of people who view the content without paid distribution. It includes people who are shown your posts in their own feed or because their friends have interacted with you. However, attaining organic reach is not so simple. Between competition from ads, viral posts from major accounts and constant changes to the platform’s algorithm, many marketers note that organic reach has been falling for years now. Further, the reach of the posts depends on their level of engagement – that is how many people like, react, comment, or share the post. The more engaging a post is, the higher will be its reach.
The fact is engagement rate on Facebook is going upward – monthly active users have increased to 2.93 billion in 2022 Q1 from 2.85 billion in 2021 Q1. Even though engagement rates are way up, organic reach is way down. And it is still on a rapid decline. On Facebook, the average reach of an organic page post is down to 5.2% in 2020 from 5.5% at the end of 2019.
Why FB Organic Reach Continues To Decline
Here are some major reasons why FB organic reach continues to decline –
- More Content – More content is being created and published every day. It is estimated that every minute, more than 510,000 comments and 293,000 statuses are posted on Facebook. As a result, competition in News Feed (the place on Facebook where people view content from their family and friends and business) tend to increase. This makes it harder for any post to gain exposure in News Feed. In addition to the growth in content, people also like more Pages. So, with each new Page like, competition in News Feed increases even further.
- Personalized News Feeds – Facebook provides the most relevant content to each user. In order to increase engagement and optimize user experience, content is tailored to each user’s individual interests.
- Change in Facebook’s News Feed Algorithm – The Facebook algorithm decides which posts people see every time they check their Facebook feed and how these posts will show up. FB’s algorithm isn’t static; it is constantly changing. The algorithm uses thousands of data points to make its predictions about ranking signals such as like, react, comment, or share but not limited to this. Depending on what Facebook thinks users want to see, ranking signals have been added, removed, and importance adjusted, since 2006.
Top Ways to Increase FB Organic Reach
Organic reach is significant for several reasons. One of the most important aspects is that you don’t need to pay to view content. For many businesses, increasing reach can seem almost impossible. That means most businesses can expect their content to appear in only 1 of every 20 followers’ news feeds. However, it is important to remember that is an average, not an upper limit. By publishing content that appeals to the specific group of audience and driving more interactions, it is possible for Facebook algorithm to deliver content to more people. Here discussed are some of the top ways on how to increase the reach of your organic content –
- Generate Real Conversations – Facebook is a medium that faces a lot of competition. That’s why the Facebook algorithm is trained to keep users scrolling and interacting for as long as possible. As a result, Facebook is less likely to surface content with low engagement and more likely to prioritize posts with plenty of shares, reactions, and comments. However, what is the best way to make the audience to interact with your content is an important factor to consider. Make bold statements through an FB post.By sharing posts that describes the company’s unique approach; it is possible to differentiate a brand while inviting the target audience’s support. Posting questions and asking for the follower’s opinion is another valuable way to cultivate a community. It is important to do basic market research while showing the target audience how much you value their input. For instance, the Ben & Jerry’s Facebook post below asks followers to share memories of one of the ice cream brand’s most iconic flavors. The post allows longtime customers to showcase their knowledge and invites all followers to discuss their favorites.
However, there is no rule regarding which type of engagement carries the most weightage. Therefore, it is important to take time to respond to at least some of the comments the content receives. This is because responses towards comments signify that the business cares and also create threads that can communicate higher levels of engagement and relevance to the Facebook algorithm.
- Mix Up Post Formats – Testing out a wide variety of post types is an important strategy to gain more organic reach. Prioritizing posts in new formats in the News Feed can help gain more reach. Try creating a few videos and see how they perform. If the videos aren’t getting the same reach they used to, try making link posts that highlight content that the audience will love.Try out recently invented post types like 360 video or Facebook Stories – as they may have an added benefit if the algorithm prefers new formats. Tracking the average reach of posts in each format over time can help gain a clear understanding of which types are the most relevant to the audiences and which end up in their News Feeds most often.
- Follow Consumer Content Preferences – Use More Video Posts – Video posts have been credited with higher engagement rates on FB. This is primarily because users tend to show a preference for video content across all social media platforms. To keep up, Facebook continues to introduce new video tools, which offer even more options for creating high-performing content on Facebook.
Here discussed are some top ways to use Facebook’s native video tools –
- Facebook Video – Creating visually appealing content can help you stand out in people’s increasingly crowded News Feeds. Reports suggest that about 60 percent of marketers think visual content is crucial for their social media strategy. Pre-recorded video content can be up to 4 hours long, that give adequate time to give a formal introduction about a company’s or individuals line of business, including – products, services and team. However, it is not possible to post anything to Facebook, though. Publishing low-quality images and videos could harm your brand reputation.
- Facebook Live – Facebook Live videos help create a genuine sense of community in the comments section. With the Facebook algorithm update prioritizing posts that generate more”meaningful interactions”, more interactions means more organic reach. Therefore, create live video content and Stories that resonate with the target audience group and get the audience to start conversations in the comments section. This in turn will result in more organic reach.
- Facebook Reels – These short-form videos can be up to 1 minute long, creating bite-sized content that entertains and informs users.
Image Source :
Tag Influential Accounts in Shoppable Posts – Generally, the photo and video content created can give the FB page the much needed boost. But if the branded content doesn’t give as much reach as expected, consider adding user-generated content (UGC) to the mix. Compared to branded content, user-generated content has a more genuine appeal that can translate to more reactions, comments, and shares – as well as increased reach for the page.
To find and share UGC, check the company’s mentions on Facebook or branded hashtags on Instagram. Connect with the original creator to get permission to repost their work and credit them in the caption when it is shared. For instance, the W&P Facebook post below features UGC that depicts one of the design studio’s products. The caption asks a question to prompt responses, and the post includes a tagged product that customers can buy from the brand’s Facebook shop.
Participate in Co-Branded Giveaways – Forging partnerships can help expand organic reach quickly to a much larger group of audience. For instance, influencer partnerships allow showcasing a brand in front of a large number of people. This is possible through an endorsement from an influential figure within the niche area. As influencer partnerships often span months or years, they can increase the reach for a longer period.
Brand partnerships enable working with complementary companies to promote products together and grow brands simultaneously. By running co-branded giveaways or contests, you can drive substantial engagement while reaching exponentially more people. For example, a caption competition where users need to provide a funny subtitle to an image that gets posted can stimulate tons of responses and rocket the post to the top of the News Feed.
However, make sure that the prize or giveaway is related to the brand so that you attract both entrants interested in products/services along with the reward. Secondly, encourage users to interact with the contest post, preferably by commenting. Motivating users to comment on the contest is the best way to show the Facebook News Feed algorithm that the content is engaging and thereby increase the organic reach.
Facebook is a great social media platform. With a current user base of 2.93 billion and still continuously increasing, FB needs to be a part of the business marketing channel. However, getting more organic reach on FB can be a challenging task. Therefore, it is extremely important to understand how reach operates as a metric and what can be specifically done to increase the overall engagement. Use the above strategies as a starting point to grab the attention of the target audience and maintain it long-term.
It is important to try new tactics and release great content. When using these tactics, it may take some time for the final results to appear. Remain calm and keep posting to figure out what works best for an FB page in the long run. Hiring the services of an organic seo company can provide businesses with unique strategies that would help improve organic reach and engagement.