Technology is constantly evolving and it has brought in various advantages to businesses in all sectors. The healthcare sector for instance, has benefited immensely from technological advancements. It has helped in improving the quality of life by integrating new innovations into healthcare and medicine. Medical technologies like robotic surgery, artificial organs, virtual reality, wireless brain sensors etc have improved patient care, ensured ease of workflow and lowered healthcare costs. Innovative technology also facilitates digital marketing in healthcare, and in this regard, two areas that have seen the greatest impact of technology are social media marketing and healthcare apps. In fact, it has transformed the way business is done and the changes are clearly visible in the way in which social networking venues, instant messaging, telecommunications systems and so on now function. Businesses therefore need to stay updated regarding technology and its impact on social media and also be confident in using such technologies.
Optimizing Social Media Marketing
The world of social media marketing has changed significantly over the past decade. These changes are due to the shift in patients’ behavior, their preferences, and the latest technology. Regardless of the size and speciality of your healthcare business, social media is the best means to reach out to your target audience. Social media offers low-cost tools that combine technology and social interactions with the use of words. These tools are typically internet or mobile-based. Social media serves as a platform for marketers to communicate with peers and potential healthcare consumers and lets you spread any message in a relaxed and conversational manner. Advanced technology benefits social media and is used in social networking, instant messaging and chat, telecommunications, presentation software, video conferencing, Voice over Internet Protocol communications, groupware, online chats, interactive message boards, forums, blogs etc that make interactions with consumers easier.
About 90.4% of millennials, 48.2% of baby boomers, and 77.5% of Gen Xers use social media platforms. In 2020, more doctors will use social media to communicate with potential patients.
To market healthcare products and services, integrate social media with the vehicles of marketing. To excel in social media, healthcare brands should reflect their personality and be themselves. There are no right or wrong rules or regulations, it is best to do what works for you. But make sure that you are active and consistent with your social media posts.
Healthcare Mobile Apps
The advent of medical apps has also revolutionized the healthcare system drastically. Apps have improved communication, efficiency and quality of service. According to some reports by Statista, the mobile health industry is expected to reach a total market size of more than 60 billion US dollars by 2020. Mobile healthcare apps have helped healthcare providers and patients significantly with better patient care. Hospital staffs and pharmacists can also reap the benefits of this technological marvel for online consultation, diagnosis, appointments, and medical supply delivery. Here are some interesting statistics on healthcare mobile apps.
- There are more than 318,000 mhealth apps in top app stores worldwide
- More than 200 new healthcare apps are added to the store every day
- Healthcare mobile apps market is expected to reach USD 111.1 billion by 2025
AI-Powered Healthcare Apps and Consumers
According to Accenture, the number of healthcare consumers to adopt digital technology is rising every year.
- 75% of US consumers that have been surveyed said that technology is important in managing their health
- Patients are open to smart technologies that can improve the self-care process
- Patients love self-service digital health tools that go beyond websites
- 74% of the people who experienced a virtual health care service were very satisfied
- Nearly 50% of patients prefer an immediate, virtual appointment over an in-person visit
These statistics show that many healthcare providers and healthcare businesses are investing in healthcare mobile apps. The advantages of healthcare mobile apps are:
- They facilitate immediate access to your patients so they don’t have to leave their house and wait in long queues for their appointment.
- With mobile apps, healthcare providers can easily be notifiedabout an emergency, and all the necessary information will be sent to the doctor’s device. This saves time and also improves efficiency at the time of emergencies.
- Healthcare apps ensure better coordination among doctors, hospital staff and patients. Doctors can directly communicate the prognosis to the patients and prescribe suitable medications. The app will notify doctors and patients about the upcoming appointment, and alert hospital staff if any reports/documents are required for the diagnosis.
- Mobile apps can be integrated with wearables to collect data such as the patient’s pulse rate, blood pressure etc.
Technology is revolutionizing businesses. New computer hardware and software platforms are being developed every year that ensure better patient care and enhanced workflow. Healthcare businesses that interact directly with their customers as well as product and service providers need to embrace technology and use it in the best way. With the support of medical SEO services, healthcare businesses can develop custom-made mobile healthcare apps, improve their social media marketing techniques and thereby increase their customer base and brand value.