What is a responsive medical website and why do you need it? Medical websites are of great significance in the current scenario with more than 60% of Americans seeking medical information online and also looking to schedule appointments via physician websites. An increasing number of users prefer to use their mobile devices to browse the internet because of the convenience of obtaining the information they need on the go. This is where a responsive web design becomes relevant. A responsive website design allows the layout to automatically adjust to fit the screen dimensions of any computer, smartphone or tablet. As any reliable medical SEO service provider would emphasize, a healthcare business can improve its visibility in search engines, provide optimal medical services, and distribute its brand message effectively to consumers seeking such services.
Revamping in Vogue for Medical Websites
We frequently hear of medical entities revamping their websites to remain at the forefront in this fast-paced digital era. For instance, plastic surgeons now focus on designing responsive websites with a custom layout and aim at ensuring that their website is a one-stop, complete resource for people looking for surgical/non-surgical cosmetic treatments for the face, breasts or other parts of the body. What features will be incorporated in such a surgeon’s website? Here are a few.
- Information regarding various cosmetic concerns and their treatment options
- Navigational menu that would switch from a vertical to a horizontal positioning on the basis of the viewer’s screen size
- Sticky videos that stay in place giving visitors the convenience to continue watching them even while scrolling up and down the page
- Links to recent and interesting blogs on the home page with updated information about cosmetic advancements, practice news and treatments
- Share functionality on-page that allows visitors to share interesting/helpful information with others through social media or email
- Information (multiple page headers) featuring actual patients of the practice
- Biography of the plastic surgeons that includes education, training, experience and credentials
- Comprehensive procedural pages giving information on everything prospective patients should know
Major Reasons for Having a Responsive Website Design
Here are five major reasons why a medical professional or other healthcare business needs a responsive website.
- Increased use of mobile devices: Majority of the internet users access the World Wide Web from their mobile devices and according to a study conducted by Pew, 57% of these people will not recommend a medical business if they do not have a mobile-friendly website.
- Project a thoroughly professional image: Every established and successful organization has a responsive website for their business and a well-optimized website enhances their professional image and also attracts more traffic. As a medical business, you need to be thoroughly professional and give consumers the confidence and trust to approach you for services they need.
- Making your business more accessible: Making your websites responsive provides more visibility and reach for your medical website across multiple devices. By creating more awareness about your products/services, and giving people access to the medical resources or services they are seeking, you can improve your professional image and reputation.
- To keep up with the standards of Google: Keeping up with the standards of Google is very essential for every site and a responsive website helps in better ranking.
- Enable viewing on any screen size: In a responsive design, the size of the template is designed on the basis of screen size, not device. Irrespective of the screen size on which someone is viewing your website, it will display well for that screen size. With new devices such as watches, glasses, TVs and so on going to be used for web browsing in the future, a website with a responsive design will still be attractive and relevant.
A responsive medical website design has become a necessity and it will surely have an impact on the growth of your medical business. It is important that any business website persuades visitors to enrol, engage and explore. Naturally, healthcare businesses should focus on redesigning their websites to include better navigation and use of enhanced content that also includes SEO.