Today more than 4.5 billion people use the internet and the number of people using social media are more than 3.8 billion. According to broadbandsearch.com, on an average people spend about 144 minutes on social media per day. Social media was initially introduced to connect with friends and family, but today it has changed into a digital medium for companies to market their products and services and drive potential users to their business. Just as for other businesses, healthcare businesses such as plastic surgery facilities also require promotion via social media to reach a wider audience. A plastic surgeon SEO company can help implement proper social media marketing strategies to improve your online visibility and bring new clients to your clinic.
Why Use Social Media for Cosmetic Surgery
Social media is one of the most effective digital marketing tools and without a strong social media presence, your cosmetic surgery practice will have a difficult time keeping up with competitors. Social media allows you to get your message out to your audience easily and quickly. Here are some other reasons to use social media for cosmetic surgery practices.
- Understand your target audience: Having active presence on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram etc helps to interact with your target audience. This will provide a clear understanding of the preferences of your prospective patients and provide what they are looking for. Monitoring your followers will also help you know what works and what doesn’t, when it comes to new cosmetic surgery service options. You can use this information to plan future marketing campaigns.
- Affordable marketing technique: Social media is one of the most effective and affordable marketing tools as it requires very less investment and reaches out to a wider audience. All you have to do is find the relevant channels in order to position your cosmetic surgery practice online. Traditional marketing channels can cost you a fortune and may not be impactful but in the case of social networks, you have to have a strong presence and engaging content so that potential patients will come to you naturally.
- Improve brand image: When patients hear about your cosmetic surgery clinic, most likely, they will check out your social media pages and being active on social network channels builds trust and credibility. The more people see your practice online, the quicker they will approach you. Patients look for experts to handle their specific problems. So, remember this when you include social media marketing ideas in your cosmetic surgery marketing plan.
- A gateway to your website: When patients click on a link from any of your social media posts, they will be taken to your website. If your website is optimized for users, your visitors may take the desired action. So, posting on social media consistently is vital for attract more patients.
- Build a strong relationship with your patients: Social media is one of the easiest ways to connect with people and also keep up with them after the treatment. Informative content can be posted on social media to educate potential as well as existing patients.
Different Types of Content to Post on Social Media
- Blogs: It is the most effective type of content that displays information by a writer or a group of writers. They share their views or provide answers to questions or advice about cosmetic surgery. A blog is the most affordable way to get your message out on a regular basis.
- Posting before and after photos: Posting before and after photos of your patients with their consent is one of the best ways to attract potential patients. Tagging the patient on the post is also a must because this will allow the patient’s friends and other contacts to see your service, and this is called viral marketing.
- Videos: Videos can be posted on social media platforms that describe various procedures, the services, latest techniques or even showcase patient results. Video are much more appealing and more easily consumed than any other forms of content. People will also share your video on their social networks.
- Testimonials and reviews: These are the most important forms of content on social media. Reviews and testimonials convey your patients’ opinion of your cosmetic surgery practice and it gives you instant exposure. Whenever positive reviews are posted, it helps build trust in customers and increases the chances for you to be recommended to new potential patients.
Today people are comfortable discussing plastic surgery on social media, which makes these networks the ideal place for a plastic surgeon to promote the services. An effective digital marketing strategy by a plastic surgeon SEO company that is focused on social media promotion, will help cosmetic surgeons to reach out to the thousands of people who are actively searching for specific cosmetic procedures.