Considering how dynamic Google’s algorithms are, links continue to play a significant role in how each search engine chooses which websites to rank for which keywords. The most crucial SEO strategy is link building as links show Google that your website is a reliable source that is deserving of citation. It frequently serves as the main reason why one page ranks higher than another. Link building is a crucial part of a high-quality SEO campaign to compete for online visibility and links to your site. Organic SEO companies can provide effective link building strategies that determine which pages should appear higher in the SERPs.
What Is Link Building and Why Are Link Building Strategies Important?
Creating links to your website from other websites is a process called link building. A link is a method for internet users to navigate between web pages, states Moz. Links are used by search engines to crawl individual webpages and it also connects different websites. Links also boost the authority of your website and drive referral traffic. Effective link building strategies are used by webmasters and SEO personnel to get other websites to link back to their own.
One of the most crucial phases in getting your website to rank is link building because it enables search engines to assess the relevance and reliability of your content. By making your content more link-worthy and of higher quality, you can promote backlinks. When determining how highly a page should rank, search engines take the content into consideration. Search engine crawlers will also decide whether it is pertinent to the keywords it appears for. Since the very first Google algorithm, the quantity and quality of the links from other websites have always been considered. Therefore, you should use an effective SEO link-building strategy.
Best Link Building Strategies
Here are some of the strategies for link building that you should consider for 2023.
- Utilize guest blogging: One of the most well-liked methods for getting links back to your website from other websites is through guest posting. Find a website that produces content relevant to your topic and send them an email with a pitch for your content topic. This is the ideal way of guest posting because it doesn’t require any technical expertise or coding abilities from your side. They will post it on their website and give you credit for authoring it if they think it’s useful to their audience. Note that such websites often permit two backlinks per article. Choose the websites you publish on very carefully; it isn’t worthwhile to use those sites that accept all submissions. Additionally, guest posting might create linking ties that are mutually advantageous.
- Link building for resource pages: Resource page link building is another efficient and successful link-building technique. The first step in this approach is to match your topics with audiences who can be linked to. Linkable audiences are curators who want to link to proposed scholarly (informative) sources. You may also quickly search Google for “TOPIC” “for” inurl:links.html to locate linkable audiences that match the topics of your website. Content creation is the next step in the process of generating links to resources pages. To give its target audience the best knowledge, the content must be comprehensive and interesting. The greatest way to drive traffic to your resource guide is to make it more detailed than other resources with similar content.
- Link building for broken pages: Broken link building technique is like an addition to the resource page link building plan. You frequently find that some of the links aren’t functioning properly when looking for resource pages, much like a broken page (404). Take advantage of this opportunity. Look for a page or website in your niche that is both relevant and appropriate for a link. Check for broken links in their content and offer the webmaster your link as a functional replacement. Manually locating broken links takes a lot of time. You can locate those broken links that are already qualified as relevant and SEO-friendly by conducting some research on the backlinks of your SERP competitors. You can also use tools like SEMrush which is far easier and quicker.
- Publish infographics and other visual materials: Since infographics or videos are simple to distribute and embed into blog posts or websites, infographics and videos are popular on social networking networks like Facebook, TikTok, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and LinkedIn. Consider making an infographic or video that explains a specific topic if you’re searching for a means to increase your visibility or that of your brand. Infographics are excellent since they can be shared on social media and utilized in blog posts (especially Pinterest). Furthermore, they are simple to read and comprehend! Just make sure the infographic includes links back to your website or any other websites you might want readers to visit after reading it.
- Link Reclamation: The process of obtaining backlinks from websites that cite your product, brand, or other material without linking to your page is known as link reclamation. You get in touch with them and ask permission to link to their mentions. Any brand can gain a lot from using this link-building method, especially enterprise websites. The more publications and bloggers refer your website in their articles, the more popular your website will become. You might anticipate several months of growth month after month as your product receives more word-of-mouth advertising. Use SEO tools to send you email alerts anytime there is a new mention of your brand, such as BrandMentions or Ahrefs’ Alerts feature. Alerts can be set up for any keywords you like. Make sure your keyword exclusively refers to your brand or content. If not, you will need to filter web mentions that exclusively discuss your website. Send publishers emails asking them to link to you. A subliminal request in your email pitch works best as they are already aware of your website.
- Include your link on all social media channels: Add your link to content and profiles on Facebook, Twitter and all other platforms. In order to limit spam, Google identifies links as Dofollow or Nofollow, and the majority of links are regarded as Nofollow on social media platforms. This implies that they are not followed by search engines and have no impact on page rank. Links on profile and description pages typically carry more weight. Nofollow links are used in shared content, however, studies suggest that engagement can raise page rank. On Twitter, retweets have a lot of influence. Since most consumers avoid calls for shares on company profiles on social media, you should be cautious while making such requests. You can develop real relationships with real individuals by using a real-life firm executive profile.
- Using influencers: Influencers are now an essential component of a marketing strategy. As a link between the two parties, they provide a lot to both marketers and consumers. Influencers can include your links to their own content in videos, stories, blogs, or images as a shoutout, a continuing sponsorship, or a product trial. Google monitors levels of engagement in addition to looking for content from reliable sources. Additionally, influencers are experts at producing engaging and interesting material. They might encourage their fans to include a specific hashtag in all of their posts or shares of your relevant content. This is a terrific method to develop your reputation as a well-known business while also naturally raising your ranking and overall reach. They’re also effective at establishing backlinks because, when they write about their interactions with you, write for your website, or promote the fact that you mentioned and quoted them in your article, they frequently add links from those accounts. This will increase website traffic, which will positively affect your rankings and draw in new backlinks.
- Local linkbait technique: For small business owners to assist their local company rank for industry keywords inside their area or location, local link development is essential. For an SEO campaign, local links are simple to find but challenging to duplicate. Writing a content post listing the top non-competing brands in your city is one scalable local link-building strategy. This is a type of linkbait because it promotes local brands and brings in new clients for their companies. You simultaneously give them permission to share your content piece on their networks, which increases the number of followers you have and the number of people who visit your website. For instance, if you are generating backlinks to a hotel website in New York, you can look up the best neighborhood restaurants to highlight in a listicle article (for example, “Best New York Restaurants”). You can be more particular with your link bait article if you’re more into specialized targeting. One example of content would be an article about the “Top Pet-Friendly Restaurants in New York” if you were performing SEO for a veterinary website. It is advisable to first gain support from the neighborhood companies you plan to highlight in your article. This implies that you first get in touch with them and inquire about their interest in contributing to your content. Most of the time, they’ll agree to your request because it helps their branding. If you can persuade them to react to your participation request first, you may promote your local content. Share the local linkbait content with your featured neighborhood businesses.
- Strategic partnerships for content: Co-marketing is a reliable marketing strategy to increase your brand authority faster than anyone else, as well as your reach and visitor numbers. Since you will be relying on other people’s influence and loyalty, you may easily acquire the credibility and authority you need to meet your company’s financial goals (i.e., leads and sales). By reciprocally exchanging hyperlinks with bloggers in the same business, you can use co-marketing. Link exchange is frequently seen as a poor link-building tactic. But in reality, leading industry blogs exchange backlinks from each other’s posts naturally and without any manipulation. Given that they are aware that it would be better for their readers to discover more references through links on their articles, they externally link to one another. List all the blogs in your field with a similar domain authority. The domain authority of the website can be checked using Moz’s Domain Authority or Ahrefs’ Domain Rating tool. Find industry blogs with a Domain Rating of 60 or 70, for instance, say your site has a Domain Rating of 63. When you start trading links to each other’s posts, you will both benefit from having this standard for prospecting. Finding a topical article to link from and offering to link back to any of their pertinent articles is the ideal strategy. By simply collaborating with industry blogs, this method, when executed correctly, can help you gain more backlinks.
- Manual of Referential Content Asset Strategy: One technique to generate backlinks to your website is through outreach to promote a piece of content. However, there is another method of passively acquiring new connections, which is to rank for referential keywords. Referential keywords are essentially the expressions people use to find sources to cite in their own material (during the writing phase). Examples include terms like “how many companies succeeded last year,” “numbers,” “tools,” and question-like searches. The advantages of passive link building apply to content you produce that is cited by other publishers and content developers. The advantages of passive link development are yours if you produce content that is cited by other publishers and writers. This indicates that you will gain fresh links from other websites when you rank for these keywords and when they decide to use your material to supplement their own. So, it is important to include the referential content asset strategy in your link-building techniques. Natural passive links to your content are acquired as you manually promote your content and create fresh links.
- Linkbait for image library: Using picture libraries as linkbait is another option. Non-stock image libraries are in high demand because content writers seek to include distinctive photos into their blog posts to make them stand out from the crowd. Create an image library on your blog if you enjoy taking photos or if your company’s employees has recently shot a lot of pictures. Publishers in your sector are the only ones eligible for the deal. This would enable them to create articles of content with fresh visuals for their audience.
- Utilize resource links from trusted websites: Use links to resources from reliable websites now. A resource is similar to a manual that you put together for your intended audience. You might take inspiration from several resource pages on reputable websites and blogs like Forbes, Entrepreneur, Huffington Post, Jeff Bullas, Social Media Examiner, and Copyblogger as you make your own. Visitors will have an easier time finding what they’re looking for if a well-known website in your area has prepared a list of blogs in your business. You’ll receive more backlinks if you can write a resource post that is even larger than the one mentioned earlier. A marketing team may find this kind of information to be a very useful tool. After it is written, use email outreach to get links. To all the people whose blogs you included, simply send an email. Since you’ve already linked to them, email outreach typically performs better than the standard broken link or link request email. You have gained their respect and have also demonstrated some admiration for them. They’ll be more likely to return the favour by linking to your website.
Without link building, no SEO strategy is complete. Even though link building is one of the most challenging and time-consuming SEO strategies, it may help your site rank much higher, increase traffic, and significantly expand your business. With the assistance of organic SEO companies, businesses can produce strong, valuable content for their audience, and also use link-building strategies, to be SEO successful.
|MedResponsive is one of the top professional SEO companies that utilizes the best SEO techniques to help your business succeed online. Contact (800) 941-5527 to schedule a FREE consultation with our senior solutions manager.