Keyword research is an important step in SEO. Many bloggers and website owners promote their websites using relevant keywords or phrases, to get a better ranking on search engine result pages (SERPs) and drive more traffic. Keyword research is the process of finding and choosing the best keywords or keyword phrases that users use to search in search engines. Such keywords can be incorporated into your website content and product pages to gain better search engine ranking. You can use free tools or paid tools to find these keywords. With the help of effective keyword research tools, you can find the most effective and suitable keywords for your website content. You can also reach out to organic SEO companies that can identify the most relevant keywords for your particular line of business and optimize your content using those keywords.
Importance of Keyword Research in SEO
Keyword research is the foundation on which you will build your SEO strategy. Proper keyword research helps you increase your rankings, and also understand your audience. It helps you to have a clear idea of what your potential customers are looking for and helps them to buy your product or service. It also helps you get an idea of how competitive certain keywords are so you can choose wisely. It is a valuable tool to use when developing your online digital marketing strategy, but there are so many keyword research tools out there it can be difficult to know which ones to use. Here is a look at some popular keyword research tools for 2022. If you want to succeed in SEO and online digital marketing, then keyword research needs to be done efficiently.
Popular Keyword Research Tools
- Semrush: This is a complete SEO tool to perform keyword research and improve SEO ranking. With the Keyword Overview tool, you can type in the keyword and get the complete details that you need. It shows monthly search volume, a list of organic search results, a breakdown of organic vs. paid search volume, and a cost-per-click breakdown of how much a paid result would cost in different countries. This tool lists both related keywords and phrase-match keywords – a Google AdWords parameter for close variations on a particular keyword.
- Ahrefs: It is a popular tool that also includes keyword difficulty search engines. With the keyword generator tool, you can generate keyword ideas for Google, Bing, Amazon, YouTube and so on. It has graph integration that shows many keywords may have huge traffic but they hardly get any clicks from the search engine. Ahref’s keyword research tool is known for its UI and the amount of data that they provide. It also comes with other useful features such as backlink analysis, SEO audit etc.
- Rank Tracker: This keyword research software by SEO PowerSuite features 24 research methods under the hood — autocomplete features, Keyword Planner, People also ask, keyword gap, and more. Rank Tracker lets you generate multiple keyword ideas depending on the search engine and location you target (say hi to local SEO), be that Google, Yahoo!, Bing, YouTube, etc. Find how much traffic a keyword brings, estimate keyword difficulty, track SERP progress, and filter the results to keep the most relevant ideas. You can also check your competitors’ keyword ideas and get some hints on their keyword strategy.
- Answer the Public: This tool gives you powerful keywords just by typing in some words, and you can also see the questions people are searching for that are related to the keyword. The results of this tool are based on Google and Bing’s auto suggest or autocomplete features.
- KW Finder: This is one tool that is completely dedicated to finding keywords. It helps you to get keywords and generate more traffic. With its question-based keywords research option, it helps you to get related keywords and it can be compared too. It has both free and paid plans and the basic plan is more than enough to serve your purpose.
- Google Keyword Planner: It is a free keyword research tool developed by Google that pulls data directly from Google. To use this tool, you should create an account. It gives deep information about keywords on Google and is also good for competitive analysis.
- Serpstat: This is a comprehensive keyword research tool that has gained popularity recently. It gives you search volumes, competition, cost-per-click and keyword difficulty scores. You can use this tool to search in Google as well as the Yandex search engine. Its keyword difficulty store shows the top 10 web pages that have taken ranking for the keyword along with details like page rank, external backlinks and referring domains. These details are useful when you need to evaluate if you can rank them for a specific keyword or not. This tool is mostly used by small businesses to research keywords, build new links, and also to develop a strategic SEO platform.
- Ubersuggest: This is also a free tool that allows you to search up to three keywords a day for free. It also has a great website traffic tracking tool and content generation tool. This tool is very easy to understand, the interface is extremely clean and beginner friendly.
- Keyword Surfer: This is a Chrome extension that allows you to see the keyword search volume and the keyword CPC. This is a free Chrome extension that is also a content optimization tool. It uses Google’s auto complete feature to find new keywords. It also gives your keywords’ monthly search volume, related keywords data on the SERP page. This helps you to create the list of keywords that you need for your project.
- Long tail Pro: This is a cloud-based keyword research software that helps you find your niche. It has a detailed keyword analysis feature and a competition checker that helps you choose the right keyword.
- SpyFu: It is an excellent SEO optimization software to analyze and stay ahead of the competition in a tight niche. This tool is best for understanding the completion’s SEO platform and finding out under-served, un-tapped, or emerging markets. It comes with several modules like Compare website module, Domain history module, keyword history module, related keyword module.
Keyword research is probably one of the most important aspects of SEO. No matter how good your content is or how many social signals there are, you won’t rank for a competitive keyword unless you know how to do keyword research and pick powerful keywords. Make sure to know the search volumes, competition, and the type of keyword that you need.
You may have a good marketing plan or SEO strategies but without proper keyword research skills, you may fail as an SEO expert. Therefore, it is important that you research your keywords if you want to succeed with SEO. Invest in an organic SEO company that can help you with proper keyword research to find the best keywords for your content and website.
|Need help with search engine optimization, content writing services, and web design services? Our team at MedResponsive can help!
Call us at (800) 941-5527 and schedule a FREE consultation with our Senior Solutions Manager.