Cardiovascular disease (CVD) remains the number one cause of global deaths and places a high economic burden on countries. The World Heart day aims at spreading awareness about these heart ailments. Founded in 2000, World Heart Day aims at informing people around the globe that heart disease and stroke are the world’s leading causes of death. The World Heart Day is observed on 29 September every year. This year’s theme is “creating heart healthy environments.”
Heart disease is referred to as the world’s number one killer. As per the World Heart Federation, each year cardio vascular disease is responsible for 17.5 million premature deaths, and by 2030 this is expected to rise to 23 million. However, it can be prevented by making just a few simple daily changes, like eating and drinking more healthily, getting more exercise and stopping smoking.
With the increase in the number of heart patients, heart care centers and heart specialists are required more. Studies show that cardiologists and orthopedists are among the medical professionals whose services are most in demand. Being a rare medical specialty, only very few professions are as competitive as cardiology.
If you’re a cardiologist, your patients may be searching for treatment for chest pain, pericarditis, and atherosclerosis. There may be those who need heart transplantation. But, are they able to find your practice online? Remember that heart patients, just as other patients now depend more on online resources to find the right doctor whom they can approach. To reach out to patients who need your services, as well as run a profitable practice/facility, you must be visible online. This is possible with good online marketing programs that an experienced search engine optimization company can provide you.
Increasing competitive pressures in this marketplace can be met with certain medical SEO tactics for your healthcare facility. These include:
- Creating a responsive practice website with search-engine friendly design. This will make your site easy to find and navigate. Cardiology websites should also include patient education videos.
- Localization is a key tool. Remember that most of your searches will be local. Most patients use search engine results to book an appointment at a hospital, mainly in their locality. You can use the opportunity to rank higher in SERPs for very specific terms or targeted location phrases, like “New York cardiology unit.”
- Local SEO can help potential patients find relevant material quickly for the area that they are in or wishing to search for.
- Maintaining a strong presence in social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube can help patients to connect to you much faster. Posting informative blogs also help.
- Creating relevant medical mobile apps will attract users. Digital marketing agencies can help you create apps that feature symptoms checks, doctor chats, doctor tracking, video consultation, and many more.
It is also important to create HIPAA-compliant patient portals, where your patients can log in securely online; send secure messages; request appointments, prescription refills and referrals; and access patient education resources.