Along with a perfect mobile optimized website and informative content sharing, live videos play a crucial role in digital marketing. A Cisco Study predicted earlier that by 2019, 80% of the world’s internet traffic will be video and online video will be responsible for four-fifths of global internet traffic.
When it comes to healthcare digital marketing, online video is a powerful medical website marketing tool to attract new patients, retain medical business, boost search engine ranking, enhance professional reputation and foster relationships with prospective and current patients.
While healthcare providers can use the videos to engage prospective as well as current patients, medical businesses like pharmaceuticals and medical device companies can use them to attract customers. Getting answers in seconds rather than hours or days is quite comfortable, right? Videos help your patients to quickly learn what treatment procedures you offer and how they can benefit from them.
Hospitals can submit videos of:
- Welcome messages – A personal welcome video by a doctor on the homepage of the website engages prospective patients and ‘humanizes’ an otherwise ‘clinical’ perception.
- Patient testimonials – A form of word-of-mouth marketing, video testimonials are believable and add credibility. Details about patient recovery serve as an inspiring message to current and prospective patients.
- Hospital information – A virtual tour or a short video showcasing your practice and amenities let patients know what they can expect. Such a video is important, especially for medical practices that focus on elective procedures like plastic surgery.
- Physician profiles – Physicians can also include a video that profiles them, the various procedures they are providing and their experience in the field, which helps to improve credibility and establish long-term relationships with patients.
- Detailed procedure information – According to Pew Internet & American Life Project, 80% of internet users look online for information about health topics such as a specific disease or treatment. Informative,explanatory videos of treatment procedures help educate and ease the potential patient’s anxiety regarding the procedure.
Also, consider sharing your videos on video sharing sites. YouTube is the most effective and inexpensive way to share video content. It’s also a great tool for additional exposure when you have several videos that you can showcase on your own YouTube channel.
Expert SEO analysts opine that sites with informative video content are more likely to appear on Google’s first page results than sites without video content. Reliable healthcare digital marketing agencies make sure that your healthcare video content is accessible via mobile devices as well.
To support the marketing efforts of businesses, YouTube recently launched its long awaited Mobile Live Video Streaming as well Super Chat, a monetization tool. Built directly into the YouTube mobile app, the streaming has the same features as regular YouTube videos. Users must have at least 10,000 + subscribers before being able to use these new features. The Super Chat tool allows broadcasters to monetize the chat during a broadcast. Viewers can get the attention of the broadcaster by making a payment.
Advances in technology, such as these video chat and live streaming apps are making it easier for people to keep in touch with healthcare providers, no matter where they are.