Reliable providers of medical SEO services say that the recent global obsession with Pokémon Go is a new and excellent marketing opportunity for healthcare providers and facilities. Pokémon Go is the new hype and has a huge impact on local businesses, especially healthcare businesses with a retail component like dental, paediatricians, family practice, etc and even those doing event marketing such as health fairs or trade shows.
Pokémon Go is a free-to-play, location-based augmented reality mobile game developed by Niantic and Pokémon Company. Within a few days of its release, it has outpaced social media giants like Facebook and Twitter, with industry estimates saying that there are at least 9.5 million daily active users, a number that is likely to increase. Therefore using Pokémon Go to attract more people to your medical business is an effective strategy. Here is how to go about it:
- Understand the game and its vocabulary: “PokeStop” and “Gym” are real world places that are a part of the game. There are many such expressions that are used in this game and understanding these words is crucial. Once you are clear about these, find out whether your business or location is in the “PokeStop” or “Gym”. If it is, you can attract more foot traffic to your business.
- Utilize Lures: If your business is not in “PokeStop” or “Gym”, then use Lures. Lures is a clever marketing spin and an affordable tool within the game that helps you attract Pokémon to a particular PokeStop for 30 minutes. Lures help attract players to your Lure location.
- Promote: If your medical business is in the “PokeStop” or “Gym”, promote it on social media platforms. Post updates or photos and provide referrals or participation incentives. Offer Pokémon inspired medical goodies or offers to customers who show you the game on their phone. This will help you to attract more foot traffic to your business.
A recent Huffington Post article highlights the fact that a local business, Mad Hatter’s Ice Cream has seen an increase in business after Pokémon Go was released. Mad Hatter’s Ice Cream is in close proximity to a number of PokeStops, which drew a lot of foot traffic to the business.
PokeStop and gyms are usually at places like:
- Libraries and public buildings
- Historic locations
- Landmarks such as art, statues and unique architecture
- Place of Worship
You can identify the PokeStops nearest to your healthcare business, and write a blog incorporating this information, keyword optimized for your location – such as “PokeStops and Gyms in Park Avenue, NYC.” This will prove useful to local users who are playing the game in this area. You could even attract links from other sites and thereby generate referral traffic and greater domain authority. This will work wonders for your SEO. Adding images, nearby addresses, landmarks, and embedding Google Map will enrich your blog content.
If you have Gyms or PokeStops near your business, you can leverage it to earn more traffic to your website, and even actual consumers to your physical location.
Consider using the services of a website marketing company that can provide content development services that include developing excellent content for your articles and blogs. With their help you can unleash your creativity and also obtain some guidance on how to integrate Pokémon Go into your business and enhance your marketing efforts.