Basically, search engine optimization or SEO is a process in which a website’s visibility is improved so that can be found in major search engines people search using relevant keywords. For example, in a search for dentist in Ontario, every dentist would like his or her website to be found easily. To bring up their website’s ranking in such organic or unpaid search results, dental practices need to implement certain tactics. Let’s take a look at a few effective SEO strategies.
- Use of the right keywords in the right way: Marketing keywords placed strategically in your content will helps potential patients easily locate you online. Do research to find the keywords and phrases that people are likely to use when they are looking for the services you offer. As finding the best and most relevant keywords could involve trial and error, this should be an ongoing and evolving process. Ask your team members for help to develop a comprehensive list of keywords. After this list is compiled, define search terms and test them in the Google Keyword Planner. Monitor the monthly traffic on those keywords and do competitor analysis. Analyze the keywords and choose the ones with high local searches.
- Use best practices for the meta description tag: The keywords that are targeted for SEO should be spread out evenly throughout the content and also throughout the meta data. Meta description on each page of the website should be unique. Using important keywords to develop a readable, compelling description can improve the click-through rate for a given webpage. To avoid truncation by search engines, it is best to keep meta descriptions between 150 and 160 characters.
- Develop interesting, original content: Create original content for your website so that it stands out from competition in major search engines. Companies that provide professional health content marketing services can help you develop content that is informative and accurate, and interesting to your target audience. They can highlight your expertise and value and ensure that your site gains good rankings in major search engines. Content comprises photos, interviews, videos, blog posts, case studies, infographics, testimonials, conversations and medical breakthroughs about the industry. Publishing good content with the right use of keywords adds extra value to your website, which in turn would help it rank well in search.
- Include a site map on the website: The creation of a simple site map helps in indexing the website properly in the search engines. Site maps provide Bing, Yahoo and Google with a map of the website’s layout. Search engine spiders use the site map to navigate through the website. An expert medical SEO company can help you map the pages based on search engine requirements so that you get optimum results. Sitemaps improve visitors’ accessibility by helping them easily go to the pages they want.
- Leverage unique SEO verticals: Besides a website, video, images, slideshows, local, and mobile are important SEO verticals and you should make sure that you rank well for these. Leveraging these unique verticals will drive high quality traffic to healthcare websites. One good strategy is to optimize presentations on SlideShare so that long-term traffic can be driven from key phrases. Fill up the fields and upload a slide show presentation with meta description, title tag and more!
Medical SEO is constantly evolving and requires constant scrutiny, research and adaptation. A reliable healthcare digital marketing agency can help you get ahead of competition.