A blog post serves as an excellent platform to connect with your audience, helps in promoting products and services, and engage with your audiences or target market. Optimize your blog posts with relevant keywords to help the search engines identify your website, drive traffic, and rank high on the search engine results page (SERP). This way, your blog posts gain visibility and direct more traffic to your website. Digital marketing services in New York can help optimize blogs and thereby increase your brand awareness, build the brand’s reputation, and improve the website’s overall ranking and visibility on various search engines.
Blogging is a very important activity for your business. It helps in spreading your content across the internet and thus attract more traffic. With creative blogging, you can build a strong relationship with your audience and customers. If you want to take full advantage of blogging, then it is essential to optimize your blog for search engines. Blog SEO is a process that includes the optimization of title tags and meta tags, and the use of keywords on your blog posts. They help the search engines to crawl your website and index your content among others. Every post you create needs to be optimized to establish your credibility, build your site’s authority and improve the visibility of your blog and website. If you want your business to build a good customer base and grow, make sure that you optimize your blogs. The following are 15 ways to optimize your blog.
- Find your blog’s target audience: Before starting your blog, it is important to understand your target audience. To know your target audience, check out your present customer demographics. This will help you to identify your potential buyers and persuade them to engage with your brand. You can also get information from your lead generation and sales, insights from your team and data from Google Analytics. All this information will give you the age group of your customers, where they are from, and the best time to post a blog. You will get a clear picture of your target audience and this will help you to generate content that they are looking for.
- Develop your content based on keyword research: Keyword research is the most critical element that contributes to the success of the blog. A topic cluster is a collection of blog posts that cover a broad topic in depth. They are frequently built around a primary hub page that connects to additional resources. With topic clusters, you can try to rank for a bigger and more challenging umbrella keyword by targeting a number of related, less competitive keywords. To create your topic cluster, choose your pillar topic. Select words or phrases that are relevant to your business. Pillar topics are primary keywords for your hub pages and related sub-topics you want to cover to support it. For the hub page of your topic cluster, use the broadest keyword possible and for the individual pieces of content that hub pages are linked to, concentrate on more precise keywords. To get article ideas, enter those keywords into the Topic Research Tool. The Topic Research Tool can create a plethora of content ideas, find hot themes, and organize them by volume, difficulty, or efficiency. To complete your cluster, add your new topic ideas to your content calendar. Be careful to add fresh articles to your hub page as you publish them so that readers and search engines can find them later.
- Use rich media, internal links and CTA to engage with users: To make your blog stand out among others, it should engage your audience using rich media like infographics, images, videos etc. Rich media serve as a beginning point for other cluster material under the same pillar. Videos help to keep the users on a page for longer periods of time and lower your bounce rate. However, enticing your readers with compelling content is only half of the struggle. You will need a good internal linking strategy if you want people to stay on your site after they have done reading. You can encourage visitors to explore your website further by offering connections to other sites in each post, which will keep them on your platform for longer. This can also help search engines in locating other authority pages you have made available.
- Create an impression in SERP with Title, Meta Description and URL: The user’s first impression of content comes from your page’s appearance in the SERPs. To begin with, pick an engaging title. There are two ways to title your blog, find it in your page’s HTML head element between <title> tags and the title will appear at the top of the browser window and SERP when you publish the blog. Following are some points to write an effective page title:
- Keep it short, 50 to 60 characters, so that it shows on mobile
- Your title should convey what your page is about and use words like “what”, “why” and “how” to reflect the type of information.
- Recycling the same title tag across your site, may not be helpful for your SEO or audience. So, write a new title for each page.
The following are some tips to write a good meta description:
- Be careful about the character count, which is up to 160 characters
- Mind your first sentences because if Google rewrites your meta description, they often pull from the first sentences of the relevant section for that user’s search.
- Try looking for the keywords you are targeting yourself, and look at how the pages currently ranking have written their snippets. Find out if there is anything in common and use what you know to improve your description.
The next important element is URL; the URL has four parts — the protocol, domain name, top-level domain, and path and an effective URL path:
- Tells the reader what the page is about
- Includes your focus keywords
- Shows the reader where they are on your site
An attractive title, meta description and SEO-friendly URL can improve your visibility and help increase CTR.
- Use the right tools and plug-ins: Several content management systems (CMS) provide plugins that help with the optimization of your blog. For example, Install Semrush’s SEO Writing Assistant, which uses suggestions based on the current top-ranking pages to help you enhance and optimize your content in real-time. If you choose the right plugin, it can save you valuable time with on-page SEO. Also, remember that plugins can slow your site down, negatively impacting your SEO. So, be choosy, and only add tools and plugins that will genuinely benefit your workflow and your site as a whole.
- Mobile-friendliness is important: Since 2019, Google focuses on mobile first indexing, which means prioritizing your content for mobile version is important for indexing and ranking. The first step in determining whether or not your site is mobile-friendly is to use Google’s mobile-friendly test tool. This will highlight some key concerns and how to address them.
Consider adopting responsive design instead of distinct URLs for mobile and desktop to optimize your site for mobile. This way, material may be shared across devices more easily, and backlinks to your blog won’t be split between two URLs, boosting the value of these incoming links. To create a mobile-friendly experience, follow these steps:
- Do not use large chunks of text that are difficult to read on mobile devices
- Do not display content wider than the screen
- To organize your text in small sections, use headers
- Space out your clickable elements so that mobile users can comfortably interact with those features
- Use reader-friendly text and avoid fonts that are too small or difficult to read
- The content should be unique and easy to read: For any content, readability is important. So make sure to use short sentences, small paragraphs with appropriate punctuation, headings and bullet points. You can also use images and white space around the text so that it is easier to read. It is important to use proper hierarchy when you use headings. It is also important to ensure that the content is unique and not copied.
- Identify the word count that Google prefers: Depending on the subject area, the word count required to hit a keyword varies. It’s possible that a recipe post will only require 900 words, and 4000 words may be required for a marketing tips post. Algorithms are used by AI SEO products like Frase and RankIQ to assess the word count required for a post to vie for the top Google ranking.
- Use a targeted front-end modifier for your blog’s title: A well-positioned front-end modifier, such as “best,” “top,” or “good,” might propel a marketer’s blog from third to first place. Front-end modifiers are different for different themes and areas of interest. Recipe posts account for more than 90% of all traffic for food bloggers. “Easy,” “best,” “homemade,” and “simple” are the top front-end modifiers for recipe posts.
- Use brackets with the current year at the end of each post title: Google users look for content that is up to date. Blog articles with the current year in the headline are more likely to be clicked on than those that do not have any latest information.
- Include FAQ at the end of the post to increase dwell time: Adding a FAQ section to the bottom of a blog post is one technique to increase people’s time on the page. Any marketer can utilize search engines to determine the most common questions asked on a certain topic to find the best questions to add. There’s even a special “People also ask” option on Google. Marketers should include 3-5 of these questions, along with their 40–50 word responses, in their company’s blog postings.
- Introductions should be under three sentences to improve engagement: Readers want to get to the body of blog post as quickly as possible. So, when it comes to blog posts, marketers should ensure readers can see the first item on the blog’s list above the fold.
- Buy an aftermarket domain with existing backlinks to rank higher faster: Using an expired domain with a strong domain authority can allow a blog article to rank high on Google right away.
- In advanced search, choose to expire “.com” or “.org” which are at least 4 years old.
- Copy all domains that come up with at least 1 bid into a Google sheet.
- Run these through a bulk domain authority checker and remove all domains with less than a 30-domain authority.
- Find domains with content that is at least somewhat connected to your subject area using the Wayback Machine.
- Include short stat-based infographics for more backlinks and social shares: Simple stat-based infographics are one of the few things that attract backlinks and social shares. Your stat infographics will function for both desktop and mobile audiences if you choose a 16:9 ratio.
- Get a list of the lowest competition keywords with the highest traffic potential: Most writers waste more than half of their time producing content about keywords they’ll never be able to rank for. In over 300 blogging genres, RankIQ’s best keyword research experts have selected the lowest competitive high traffic keywords. Rank IQ uses artificial intelligence (AI) to help marketers and bloggers boost their SEO by discovering important words and themes that are at the top of Google’s algorithm.
Blogs are essential for businesses because they provide free information about your business to customers, which in turn increases brand awareness, trust, sales, leads, and web traffic. It also means more shares and comments, which on a larger scale will help build your reputation as an expert in your field. A reliable search engine optimization company can help you in optimizing your blogs for SEO, and also provide quality content writing services for blog posting. Quality content is very effective in increasing the rankings of websites on various search engines. This also helps businesses reach their target audience and increase the number of visitors to their websites.
|Partner with MedResponsive – a search engine optimization company to create top quality content to promote your products/services on blogging platforms.|