Search engine optimization (SEO) is an incredible tool for marketers. By optimizing web pages (including blog posts), you can make your website more visible to people who are using search engines to find your products or services. However, does blog content really help a website organically rank on search engines? Blogging helps improve SEO quality by positioning a website among the top-ranking websites and helping searchers get relevant answers to their queries. In fact, organic search engine optimization services in New York design innovative strategies that help optimize blog posts, increase brand awareness and improve the website’s overall ranking and visibility on search engines.
Does Blogging Help SEO?
Blogging can help connect with the target audiences and promote your products and services. Optimizing your blog posts with relevant keywords will help the search engines identify your website, drive traffic, and rank it high on the search engine results page (SERP). However, it is important to know the crucial ranking factors and how they affect a new blog. Ranking factors are the algorithms that determine how a page appears in search results. For instance, a website that has a lot of links and high quality content will rank higher than a site that has less content and fewer links. Therefore, regularly updating your blogs with high-quality content can give a huge boost to your overall SEO.
Blogging opens up a lot of opportunities to help you rank on search engines. The most important of all is that you can use blogs to deliver relevant answers to user queries.
Here discussed are some key ranking factors that can affect blog SEO –
- Dwell Time – Dwell time refers to the amount of time a reader spends on a page on your blog site. Right from the moment a visitor clicks on your site in the SERP, to the moment they exit the page is considered dwell time. Google looks at the amount of time a page spends on a user’s screen and decides how relevant that content is. This metric indirectly tells search engines like Google how valuable your content is to the reader. It makes sense that the longer they spend on the page, the more relevant it is to them. Pages with lots of dwell time are seen as more relevant to a searcher’s query and are thus ranked higher. There are two different ways in which dwell time affects blog SEO. Firstly, it helps Google figure out which pages are important and which ones are not. Secondly, it shows Google how engaged users are with the content. Longer dwell times indicate that users are spending time on the content and are very interested in it.
- Page Speed – The website load time plays a major role in determining how high your website will rank on Google. There are several factors that can affect page speed, including the server, the website’s size, and the plugins that are being used. For instance, images and videos take a long time to load. The longer that images take to load, the less likely it is that your page will rank. Therefore, it is vital to reduce the number of images on the website. Page speed can also be improved by optimizing and removing junk codes and unnecessary elements on the page. For instance, if the website is on WordPress, it is possible to use a caching plugin to speed up the load time. Take an inventory of your blog site plugins. Decide which plugins to include on the blog. In fact, plugins that affect the front-end of your website are a threat to page speed. In such cases, uninstall more of these plugins to increase the overall site speed. In addition to page speed, other factors like page size and web server’s response time are taken into consideration when ranking a website on Google.
- Mobile Responsiveness – It is estimated that more than half of Google’s search traffic in the United States comes from mobile devices. Mobile responsiveness refers to the ability of a website to display content on any device. The main goal of responsive design is to make a website work across various screen sizes, including smartphones. A mobile-friendly website makes it easy for users to access information easily. In addition, it makes it easy to navigate and searchable. A website which is not easy to navigate on mobile devices can use an SEO blog template. Using a template that is optimized for speed and accessibility makes a website relevant on mobile search.
- Index Date – A factor search engines use when determining what’s relevant and accurate is the index date. In simple terms, index time (also known as a web crawl date) is the time a website updates its content. Later, the page can be retrieved and displayed in the SERP when a user searches for keywords related to the indexed page. It is important to know that Google doesn’t crawl all of the web pages at once. Google crawls one page at a time. Therefore, it is essential to update your website’s index date whenever any specific changes are made to the content. The index date of a website page is an important factor that affects your blog SEO. However, it is possible to control your own index date by changing the date and time on the Word Press post. Once, the date and time on the index page is changed, it is possible to reload blog to see the new changes. It is possible to use the search feature of your blog to check if your new index date is correct.
- Recent Data – Another indirect ranking factor of SEO, recent data must be included in blog posts. Recent data provides visitors relevant and correct information which makes for a positive reader experience. For instance, when you include a link to a credible website that has original, up-to-date data, you are giving an indication to the search engines that the website is helpful and relevant to the readers. In addition, this type of data is in some way related to the content published. Over time, the readers will come to appreciate the content, and this can be confirmed using other metrics like increased time on page or lower bounce rate.
It’s not just about what you put in your blog post; it’s about the way you use the content to connect with your audience and help them find you.
Blogs are essential for a website as they provide free information about a business’ products and services, which in turn increases brand awareness. Optimizing blog SEO can have a huge impact on the success of your website. However, it is not just about what is included in the blog post; it is all about the way the content is used to connect with the audiences. Therefore, having a clear understanding about the important Google ranking factors can make or break the digital marketing strategy. A reliable search engine optimization company can help in optimizing blogs for SEO, and also provide quality content writing services for blog posting. Quality content is very effective in increasing the rankings of websites on various search engines.
Individuals considering plastic surgery procedures often begin their search online. So, it is important for practices to invest in local SEO campaigns to stay ahead of competitors and attract the targeted audience. Out of all the plastic surgery marketing strategies, local search engine optimization is perhaps the most pertinent in today’s digital marketplace. Local SEO services focus on helping your practice rank high when a search engine pulls local results.
By investing in local SEO services, plastic surgery practices can benefit from enhanced visibility on Google, Bing, and Yahoo; increased website traffic; opportunities to stay one step ahead of the competitors; and more new patients. Practices can consider getting assistance from a good digital marketing services company.
Local SEO Strategies for Plastic Surgeons
Keep Your GMB Listings Up-to-Date
- Add photos and videos to enhance your listing
- Respond to both positive and negative reviews
- Add a description, hours of operation, and business category
Optimize Pages for Local Search
- Define title tags and headings with local keywords
- Write compelling Meta descriptions with geo-specific phrases
Design Mobile-friendly Pages
- Use a responsive design layout
- Make sure the website loads fast
- Test the site on multiple devices in various browsers
Collect Citations and Links
- NAP (Name, Address, Phone no.) must be identical in every listing
Use Locally Targeted Email Campaigns
- Create personalized emails for each group
Focus on Reviews and Patient Testimonials
- Request patient reviews with a link to your GMB profile
Check out the above local SEO strategies to attract potential patients, thereby increasing the bottom line of the business. Local SEO is essential for increasing brand exposure and local search awareness. Consider providing exceptional services and then ask your loyal customers to share their opinions online. Patient reviews play a key role in getting more leads online. A professional local SEO service company can provide value-added search engine optimization strategies to support plastic surgeons in optimizing their website and attracting more local patients from Google and other search engines.
Mobile health or mHealth involves the use of smartphones, tablets, and other portable devices to connect with patients and deliver healthcare services. The World Health Organization (WHO) defines mobile Health (mHealth) as “medical and public health practice supported by mobile devices, such as mobile phones, personal digital assistants, wireless devices, and patient monitoring devices.” With the widespread and increasing use of mobile technologies, both patients and healthcare providers are using them to connect with each other. Mobile health came to the rescue during the COVID-19 pandemic by allowing providers need a mobile-friendly website and patients to connect remotely.
The rapid development and adoption of mobile technologies implies that healthcare providers need a mobile-friendly website to be found in search results. As people are using their mobile devices to search online for healthcare services or information, medical practices need a functional and mobile friendly website to rank on Google. Medical SEO services can make your website mobile-friendly, which can drive patient engagement, improve care delivery and outcomes, and reduce medical costs.
How Mobile Technology improves Patient Engagement and Activation
A Pew Research Center study found that up to 85% of American adults own a smartphone, up from 81% in 2019, which makes mobile an ideal option for video meetings with physicians. Mobile technology helps healthcare providers to support patient engagement in their health and promotes informed decision making.
- Helps overcome connectivity challenges: The healthcare industry is facing severe staffing shortages which can disrupt care. The Association of American Medical Colleges estimates that there will be shortage of about 37,800 to 124,000 primary and specialty-care physicians by 2034. Mobile technology provides the solution to this challenge by allowing providers and patients to connect with each other seamlessly. Patients can use their smartphones to find healthcare providers to quickly send secure messages, schedule appointments, and receive notifications.Patients can get notifications directly on their mobile devices. This can ensure proper and timely care for many common health conditions. Chronic disease self-management apps designed for smartphones have increased patient engagement, providing quick and easy access to data, medication schedules, and calendars. Using tablets, hospitals and medical practices can simplify patient data collection and storage, and save time spent on administration and in waiting rooms.
- Integrates with wearables: Wearables such as smartwatches, smart glasses, and other fitness trackers allow patients to track their sleep, calculate calories, track workouts, and even detect early signs of diabetes, and encourage a healthy lifestyle. These devices seamlessly integrate with mobile health apps and support patient monitoring, surveillance, screening, diagnosis, and help with treatment, post-treatment, and ongoing management. Providers or nurse practitioners can use mobile apps to prescribe drugs or send reminders on taking medications, do exercise, etc. This is especially helpful for elderly people in nursing homes and to support those who are at home but are particularly vulnerable to health issues.
- Supports telehealth: Mobile devices work along with telehealth to improve patient engagement and boost care delivery and outcomes -without any physical contact. Many ailments such as migraines, skin conditions, diabetes, depression, anxiety, colds, coughs and infectious diseases like COVID-19, can be reviewed and treated via telehealth.
- Enables access to patient portals: Patient portals are shown to improve adherence to medications and streamline patient-provider communication. They allow patients to access their medical histories and care plans, track medications and allergies allow users to review and update their medications, and also alert their provider about any errors in their electronic medical records (EMRs).Mobile devices provide patients with quick accessto their electronic patient portal. Patient portal apps make digital bill payment easy. Patients can also use mobile apps to complete pre-visit assessments and reduce the amount of time they need to spend in the physician’s office. The Health Information National Trends Survey (HINTS) reported that nearly four in 10 patient portal users accessed their portal through a smartphone health app in 2020.
- Reduces costs: Online or mobile consultations also save money for both patients and providers. With digital consults, patients can save travel costs and avoid revisits with timely care. Providers can benefit from lower operational and practice visit costs.
Build a Mobile Friendly Website to Optimize Patient Engagement
Patients who access healthcare websites from mobile devices should have an experience optimized for the device.A mobile-friendly website is one that ensures a good user experience on mobile devices, which is crucial to help users find your website and also to engage with them effectively. A search engine optimization company that specializes in medical SEO can ensure that your website is optimized for mobile users, including local SEO. This involves ensuring that your pages load fast and display well on different screen sizes.
Medical SEO companies are experts in building mobile websites for healthcare providers that work on smartphones, tablets, and computers. SEO experts will work with you to assess the type of resources that patients require from your website and ensure a customized solution that meets their needs. Specific features and best practices for a mobile friendly website healthcare providers include::
- CMS designed for healthcare organizations Attractive but sleek, minimalistic and user-friendly design
- Effectively displays your medical services and educational content
- Scaling of images for mobile users
- Video in a format that can run on a phone
- Avoiding pop-ups that obstruct content visibility
- Short meta titles which can be read easily on mobile devices
- Keeping content short but informative
- Navigation bar and search bar that allow visitors to quickly find and access the information they need – such as contact details
- Features to help patients take action such as a button to call you directly from your site
- Avoid using mobile to show different content to users than to Googlebot or cloaking. In most situations, the same content goes to users and search engines.
Key Features of Mobile Friendly Website Design:
- Smooth navigation: With responsive design, users can navigate your website smoothly from any mobile device. They will be able to find anything they want with just 2 or 3 clicks and allow users to move from one page to another without any hassles. The site will adapt to screen sizes from a smart phone to the desktop. Ideally, navigation patterns in responsive web design should maintain a consistent look, feel, and experience on your site.Things that come into play when it comes to website navigation include making hypertext obvious, streamlining the navigation bar, keeping side bars separate, putting navigation where visitors expect it to be, ensuring clear and simple navigation, fat footers, and directing visitors to the fundamental pages, and including call to action buttons in the right places. Make sure links are easy to tap with thumb and finger.
- Flexible images and responsive text font: Use techniques to resize images proportionately, but reduce image resolution on smaller devices. This is important to ensure that very large images don’t take up too much space on small screens. Make sure to ensure readable web text — pay attention to font choice, color, line spacing, and the technicalities of responsive text font.
- Accessible design: Optimizing your medical website for accessibility implies following relevant WCAG and ADA standards so that all people, regardless of ability, can easily navigate and use your website. Include capabilities that can make your content easier to read and your tools easier to use for patients.
SEO experts will use Google’s Mobile Friendly Test to carry out a mobile site test and obtain your website’s score in terms of mobile responsiveness and make appropriate modifications to improve the mobile experience if Google detects there are possible improvements. Investing in digital patient engagement tools and medical SEO services will help you build a mobile friendly website that drives patient engagement and activation, and provide the best care possible. It will also increase your return on investment by improving user satisfaction and increasing visits and referrals.
|MedResponsive, an MOS digital marketing agency focused on healthcare and everything medical, has extensive expertise in the mobile SEO. We can help you build a mobile-friendly website to help your patients find and access your site and engage with it effectively.
If you’re running an eCommerce store or a retail shop, it is now time to start working on your holiday season SEO immediately. With Black Friday and Cyber Monday hitting us soon, for e-commerce and retail brands, the holiday season is often synonymous with the shopping season. It is also a gift-giving season.
Whether it’s Black Friday, Cyber Monday or the end of year holidays, millions of consumers rush to websites and stores to get their hands on deals as well as gifts for friends and loved ones. If your brand relies on the holiday season for a large portion of yearly revenue, optimizing e-commerce SEO has never been more important.
Effective Holiday Season SEO Strategies
Create holiday landing pages
Your business will be providing great discounts holidays. Highlight those offers in your sales content. While optimizing content, consider adding internal links to important pages.
- Create temporary content for any Cyber Monday/Black Friday sales your business is offering.
- Link those landing pages from your site’s home page too.
Consider creating a dedicated “Discounts and Sales” page on your website, which makes it easy to update the seasonal and special offers.
Make sure to –
- Eliminate distractions such as header and footer navigation menus, sidebars, sticky share buttons from your page
- Include content that’s only relevant to the offer you’re promoting
- Make the order of information easy to follow on both desktop and mobile
- Lead your layout with an attractive image and enticing call to action (CTA)
- Add a “buy now” button to make it convenient for customers to make a purchase
- Use high quality images
- Promote your offer content via email newsletters or sponsored social media posts
- Create a sense of urgency by highlighting the number of hours left to grab the offer
Optimize your page based on search intent
With this holiday season SEO strategy, consider focusing on search intent optimization, which is providing your target audience the answers to their immediate queries or requirement. Optimize content to help shoppers find the gifts they’re looking for as fast as possible.
Search intents may differ- Informational, navigational, commercial investigation or transactional. During the holiday season, search intent will be mostly commercial investigation or transactional. It is important to create a content strategy based on research around search intent.
Commercial: Here, people will be investigating a particular product category and they haven’t made a purchase decision. They may look for the best gifts to purchase for the holiday. Consider creating a blog post, shopping guide, or short videos to rank high for such searches and queries.
Transactional Intent: At this stage, the customer is ready to make a purchase and is searching for specific products or deals. Searches such as “Apple iPhone 14” or “Amway Smoothing Foundation” are a couple of examples.
- To optimize the website for navigational search intent, take effort to build a strong brand around a topic or niche.
- Include clear steps on making a purchase in your website.
- Do a thorough keyword research and add relevant keywords in your content that your customer may use to search. For instance, add timely holiday shopping-related phrases, such as -“Holiday Gifts 2022”, “Black Friday 2022”, “Cyber Monday 2022” and “Holiday Shopping 2022”.
Update your local listings
To prepare your local business for the holiday shopping season, focus more on the local audience.
- Make sure to keep your local listings current.
- Update your Google Business profile with key information such as – contact details, hours of operation – holiday closures in the special hours section, profile photo, and more.
- Also, focus on your business description and make it relevant for the holiday season.
- Include a holiday shopping guide on your website and link it from your home page.
Most stores have different hours of operation during the holiday season and it’s important to update these new hours online to ensure customers keep coming into the stores.
Create a FAQ page
Why not create a FAQ page that answers all the questions your customers might have regarding online purchase, charges, shipping, product return, compensation policies, and more! Include your customers’ repetitive questions and proper queries in this page and make this Q&A page easily accessible from your homepage. Great FAQ pages can provide users a better experience. Make sure to include all the information regarding –
- Shipping and return policies
- Phone orders
- Data security policies
- Use of personal information
- Order statuses and more
Check your site’s page speed
Make sure to optimize your site’s page speed so that potential customers can find information easily. Slow page load times and poor navigation can harm your business; as visitors are more likely to leave a site if it takes more than five seconds to load.
Websites that take too much time to load will end up increasing their bounce rates. Assess your site’s load time, page speed, and performance regularly. Make your pages easily accessible.
Add attractive short videos
Consider including a video that is not too lengthy. Post a short 30-second to one-minute long video to better explain your product or offer. Informative videos increase emotional connection with customers, and create more excitement or urgency.
Is your site up to date with holiday content for this season? Take professional support for content writing services.
MedResponsive is experienced in working with many major retail brands and eCommerce stores to optimize their website and digital marketing strategies for the holiday season.
With our holiday season SEO services, we have developed engaging Black Friday and Cyber Monday pages, with tremendous success.
Contact us at (800) 941-5527 for a free holiday SEO consultation.
Not only can a strong page title increase traffic and search engine rankings, but also entice more users to click and visit the page to browse. However, duplicate title tags and meta descriptions for paginated pages are a common issue that webmasters must deal with. Since duplicate title and meta description are used across all pages, this has a detrimental impact on search engine rankings. You need to fix duplicate title tags and meta description and for this you can seek the assistance of an organic SEO company.
Why Should You Fix Duplicate Title Tags?
HTML elements called title tags are used to specify the page’s title. They are necessary for you to appear on search engine result pages and for your audience to find you quickly. Before they even click on the link, your viewers will be informed by the appropriate title tag. Your click-through rate and ultimately your bottom line can be directly impacted by the title tags you choose. If you have duplicate meta tags or meta descriptions on your website, Google won’t aggressively punish you. However, it continues to be poor SEO, and it costs you ranks. So, it is crucial to fix duplicate title tags. Here are some key reasons why fixing duplicate title tag and meta description is crucial.
- Google will pick up the Meta Tag only once: Google will only recognize your duplicate meta tag once, which is the first problem. This indicates that there is only one page of your content being cited. If your website has several content pages, it’s likely that you want each one to improve your ranking. You are wasting time and money by producing information that will never be indexed. All of those extra content pages with duplicate meta tags are only taking up space and serving no purpose for your SEO.
- Rival pages with the same titles: Your attempts to be found are really thinned if your website has multiple pages with the same meta title or meta description because they are in direct competition with one another. Google finds this perplexing. Why you would have two pages on your website that are identical is beyond the search engine’s comprehension. As a result, it lowers your rankings and only displays one of the sites in the SERPs. Visitors who may have found important information on one of your following pages will no longer be able to find it. Due to the fact that you are effectively doing it yourself, Google does not have to penalize you for having identical descriptions. However, it gives the impression that your website might be spam, alerting Google to any additional spam-like behavior on your part.
- It is better to leave meta description blank: Instead of repeatedly using the same tag on your website, it is preferable to leave your meta description blank. Your meta tags and meta titles go under this. Despite the fact that meta descriptions typically don’t have any SEO value, they are useful for driving traffic to your site. If your descriptions are duplicated, there is a good chance that you haven’t given your descriptions much thought and that you haven’t written them in a way that will draw real people to your site when they read them. If you choose to omit the meta description, Google will fill it in with what it thinks are the most appropriate snippets to your visitor’s search keywords. This is much better than a poorly-written snippet that says nothing to the visitor.
Steps to Fix Duplicate Title Tags and Meta Description in WordPress
Let’s look at how the two most common WordPress plugins may be used to correct duplicate tags for pagination or multiple posts/pages. By adding unique meta tags to the meta-tag fields of individual posts and pages, duplicate meta tags on posts and pages can be prevented.
Using the Yoast SEO plugin
- Duplicate meta titles can be fixed (Title Tags):
- In the WP Dashboard, select Yoast SEO, then select Search Appearance, then General, and then go to Homepage settings.
- Add SEO Title text to your homepage.
- After that, add the page variable to the SEO title text. You can achieve that by adding %%page%% to the end of the meta description content.
- This will remove duplicate title tags and meta descriptions from your website’s paginated pages.
- Correcting Duplicate Meta Descriptions:
Method 1: (recommended solution for a static homepage and latest posts both)
- In the WP Dashboard, select Yoast SEO, then select Search Appearance, then General, then Homepage settings.
- Write your homepage’s meta description.
- Then, add a variable called page to the end of the meta description text and you can achieve that by adding %%page%% to the end of the meta description content.
- You can avoid redundant Meta Descriptions for pagination or multiple paginated pages by adding the %%page%% template element at the end of the Meta description.
Method 2: (in most situations, not advised)
Your WordPress site has to have excerpt support enabled in order to use this technique. Instead of using static text, use a Meta Description template. This approach is appropriate if the homepage of your WordPress site is a static page. In that situation, you can use %%excerpt%% %%sep%% %%page%% template in the Meta Description template. Additionally, you must set an extract for the static page that serves as your homepage.
Using RankMath Plugin
- Eliminating Double Meta Descriptions
- Open the WordPress Dashboard and click on Rank Math, Titles & Meta, and then open Homepage settings.
- Type a phrase like This is a test meta description for the homepage in the Meta Description field.
- Now add a variable called page to the end of the meta description text. Entering %%page%% at the end of the meta description text will help achieve that.
- By doing this, the issue of multiple meta Descriptions for paginated pages will be resolved.
- Fixing Duplicate Meta Title Tags
- This time, you must add the Homepage Title with%%page%% variable, as was done previously for the homepage meta description in Rank Math.
Good On-Page SEO for your website depends on meta tags. But much more crucial is using Meta tags properly. For this reason, you need to try applying all of Google Search Console’s HTML improvements to your website. For a better user experience and website performance, all duplicate Meta descriptions and titles as well as lengthy and short Meta descriptions and titles should be fixed. It is recommended to seek the assistance of a search engine optimization company to fix duplicate title tags and meta descriptions, as they can ensure that these elements are optimized for enhancing visibility and driving traffic to your website.
|With the assistance of SEO companies, duplicate Meta descriptions or titles and long/short Meta descriptions or titles, can be resolved for improved user experience and website performance.If you have a query about this, talk to MedResponsive team at (800) 941-5527.
Click depth is the number of clicks it takes users to reach a specific page, starting from the homepage. It really matters whether it is easy for your visitors to easily view your web page content. The more links a visitor must click through to access a page, the higher the page’s click depth. Pages with lower click depth values tend to rank better in search results. The homepage is the most linked and valuable page, and the most authoritative one, and can be assigned a click depth level of zero. An ideal click depth count can be 3, with a maximum of 4. Click depth rate of 5 or above can make it difficult for Google to crawl the page. Without crawling the page, Google won’t be able to index it, resulting in your web pages not appearing in any search results, which brings no added value.
In a 2018 Google Webmaster Central hangout, the company’s senior Webmaster Trends Analyst John Mueller said, “Google gives more weight to pages that are a single click away than those that are multiple clicks away. Pages with lower click depth values tend to rank better in search results.” Click depth is a ranking factor, as it has a role to play in helping or preventing people from finding information easily. Google uses this ranking factor to identify which pages are important. It’s also connected with how far Google will crawl a website.
Creating a visitor sitemap, mainly with a link in the website footer can work better to lower your website’s average click depth. The sitemap is the first step in building a conversion-optimized website. A sitemap is a page on your site, where you, your visitors and search engines can get to all the pages on your site. Businesses can rely on a professional search engine optimization company to optimize their website and achieve better search engine rankings.
Check out the infographic below