Physician website design has become a very significant consideration in the present-day constantly connected world. Most of your prospective as well as existing patients are always online and want information at their fingertips. Quick-loading websites with original designs and featuring up-to-date content are what Google and internet users prefer. Good web design plays an important part in providing a great user experience. Your medical website must be able to win patients’ trust in you and the services you provide; it should encourage them to provide contact information that is so vital to increase the ROI of your digital marketing efforts.
So, what are some effective strategies you can use to increase user engagement, leads and conversions?
- Create a simple, attractive, and user-friendly website: Your website must be easy to navigate, informative, and credible. It should be quick-loading and scannable. Visitors rarely read the text closely. To ease their reading experience, consider making the headlines’ font larger, and break up the smaller text into parts that are easily understood. Ensure that the headlines contain search-specific keywords that will enable visitors to find what they are looking for.
- Use video: Well-written content and graphics are a great way to showcase your medical practice or business to your target audience. But this is not enough, video has started gaining more popularity as it is more engaging than words or images. This strategy has been showing incredible potential since 1979. According to Video Explainers, including video in your website can increase the chances of front page ranking on Google results by 53 times.
- Long-form Multimedia: Multimedia is another format that is richer than infographics or blog posts. Create a great experience for your potential healthcare customers and demonstrate your expertise with your products and services. To begin with, choose an effective layout and include video, sound, maps, graphs etc. Many organizations such as CNN, ESPN and National Geographic have adopted this innovative method to drive more traffic to their websites.
- Use content hubs: Healthcare customers’ demand for valuable and quality content never dies. Good content is one of the best ways to generate leads and brand recognition. Have the latest updated information on your website so that the visitor finds what he/she is looking for. Identify what kind of information customers are looking for and create content based on their needs in the form of web books.
- Represent the values of your business: Your website is the face of your business. So, it is important to ensure that your website represents the values of your business. First-time visitors to your website must be able to understand your business values and connect with your brand.
- Utilize animated site navigation: The first thing a user notices is your website design and secondly, the site navigation. The website should be aesthetically appealing, attention-grabbing and provide a good online experience. Replacing standard navigation system with animated navigation allows users to experience navigation through 3D slideshows, moving pages by swiping, fading pages etc.
- Provide a great mobile website experience: Google searches are now done mostly from smartphones and other mobile devices. So, make sure that your website is mobile optimized to attract targeted users and give them an excellent experience. Similarly, voice searches are also popular with people using SIRI or Alexa to perform various searches.
- Utilize calls-to-action strategically: Integrate calls-to-action into your website, because it is the most effective way to convert visitors into customers. These can be used to collect your prospects’ email addresses, obtain contact information, or contact your website administrator with a single click. Call-to-actions must be designed well and provide people value in exchange for providing contact information or something else. Ideally, these should be prominently placed on every page of your website, be attractively designed, and provide clear instructions.
Having a customized medical web design is important for every medical practice or business. However, it takes effort and knowledge to build an effective website. It is important to understand that Google rewards well-designed websites with improved search result rankings. Hiring a medical SEO service may be a worthwhile investment, which will ensure you more visibility online, greater conversions, and increased business.