Running a local business? Local SEO content strategy is an effective way to get your business listed on Google’s local results. With the increase in the number of mobile searches, local businesses are seeing more traffic from mobile devices than ever before. According to an article in Safari Digital, 97% of users search online to find a local business, 70% of consumers will visit a store because of information found online, and “Near me” mobile searches grew by 136% last year. All of these figures signify the importance of local SEO for any business.
Content for Local SEO- Benefits
It helps your business to stand out among competitors, and drives more traffic to your website. As these leads come from people who are explicitly looking for the items or services that your company provides, you are likely to get a high conversion rate. So, reach out to a professional local SEO company that can optimize your site for local searches and also have the technical know-how to improve your online presence.
Ranking for local SEO is not an easy task today; you will need valuable local content to compete with zero-click results in local SEO search results. You can rank for less competitive local keywords by developing rich local content. Local SEO content consists of text, photos, and even video that fulfils the needs of local searchers.
It can show up on your website, local landing pages, Google Business Profile, and other places. If you are a local business targeting a certain area or zip code, your entire website’s content is geared toward locals.
Quick Tips for Writing Local SEO Content
The following are some quick tips for writing local SEO content:
- Utilizing Schema Markup: Schema becomes more important as Google search results get more rich and interactive. Schema aids algorithms in comprehending how content relates to one another. You can emphasize expertise and authority by adding schema markup to your local company, writers, and other content.
- Write as if you are speaking: Local SEO is no stranger to voice search. In fact, 75% of smart speaker owners utilize them on a weekly basis to look for local companies. You may target those longer voice search questions in the SERPs if you write in a conversational tone.
- Include local phrases in your content: While local keyword research is vital for planning your content, it’s even more critical to grasp how the topic that those keyword phrases are based on fits in. Local SEO material will be successful if you take a step back and think about your brand as a whole while sprinkling in local mentions.
Types of Local SEO Content
Here are 11 different types of local SEO content that you can use to improve your local SEO ranking.
- City Specific Landing Pages: Make sure to create content for local landing pages for SEO. All of your call-to-actions should point to a landing page. You’ll need more landing pages if you have more than one physical location. For example, if you have two shops, one in Manhattan, New York, and another one in Brooklyn, New York, you should have two separate service pages that redirect to landing pages focused on their respective locals. Ensure that each of your landing pages is tailored to a specific city.
- Consistent NAP Listing: Your NAP (name, address, and phone number) listing should appear on every page of your website, but especially on the Contact and FAQ pages. Local directories should also receive your NAP listings.
- Localized Blog Posts: When it comes to content marketing for local SEO, create blog content that focuses on local topics. For example, if you own a clothing store in Texas, a blog post about different types of summer clothing will be useful. On the other hand, writing a blog post about winter clothing would be pointless.
- Social Media Content: Using social media to engage your followers is an excellent way to drive traffic to your website. As a result, it’s vital to generate relevant social media postings to further engage your local audience and thereby promote your website and content.
- Local Discounts and Event Promotions: If your store is a local store, advertising local deals and events online will assist in enhancing your SEO.
- Local Guest Blog Posts: Apart from writing local content for your blog, go out to other local businesses in your field (that aren’t directly competing with you) and see if you can write guest posts for their blogs. This will aid in the development of local backlinks, which will increase your local SEO.
- Frequently Asked Questions Pages: You may convert your FAQs into longer pieces of content, which is one of the simplest ways to develop content. You can include a video or link to additional information in a comprehensive blog article.
- Local Press Releases: In addition to raising awareness of future events like product launches or special offers or new services, news releases can also help with local SEO. All you have to do is use relevant local keywords throughout your press release (such as in the title or the body content).
- Reviews/Recommendation Post – If you conduct keyword research, you will definitely come across a large number of search queries that are looking for reviews. So, make a content page that reviews the best firms or enterprises and includes yours as well.
- Video Content: Start improving your local SEO by adding video content to your blog or uploading it to YouTube. If you’re stuck for ideas, start with reusing your blog content. This helps to increase online visibility and get more traffic.
- Case Studies and Interviews with Customers:Customer stories are a basic but effective type of content. If you currently have testimonials on your site, expanding them with story specifics and proof that your service or product is a success might be beneficial.
Combine relevant but non-competitive niches into your content strategy to attract new viewers. If you own a gym, for example, you can talk about diets and health because these are pertinent themes that your customers would love.
Local SEO content is any piece of content that helps you rank for local keywords and phrases users are typing into Google and other search engines. This includes everything from blog posts to videos, infographics, reviews, and more. A reliable provider of content writing services can help generate local SEO content to increase your online visibility and drive more traffic.
Confused as to how to optimize content for local SEO? Take support from a search engine optimization company providing professional content writing services. At MedResponsive, our content writers and editors have innovative ideas for SEO content for local businesses.