As digitalization becomes more and more integrated into our healthcare, hospitals are beginning to realize the importance of social media in improving patient experience. Social media has become a vital piece in everyone’s lives and medical businesses now use social media marketing techniques to connect with their customers, clients and patients. These social media platforms offer businesses valuable data about their customers and provide an easy way to reach them. The following are some of the popular social media platforms:
- Facebook: When searching for your healthcare business on Google, your business website or your Facebook page may come up. Even if you have an informative and professional website, people may prefer your Facebook page. On Facebook, consumers can see your day-to-day activities. Since the platform allows you to share information, images and videos, prospective consumers/patients get a clear idea of your offerings.
- Instagram: This is one of the recent and most popular social media platforms that also allow editing and sharing of photographs with customers. The use of hashtags along with the post helps to identify a keyword or topic of interest and also facilitate search for it.
- Twitter: With the emergence of Instagram, the use of Twitter has slowed down. However, it is still one of the quickest ways to connect with the customers. Twitter is one of the best places where customer queries are answered in real time. Twitter is the first platform where hashtags were used to identify messages on a particular topic
Major Benefits of Using Social Media
- Responding to your customers’ queries quickly helps in building brand loyalty among customers. It also helps in brand recognition.
- Being active on social media helps in improving your website’s rank and also helps consumers to easily locate your business on the internet.
- Social media platforms are also a place for posting customer reviews. Positive reviews help in promoting your business.
To take a real life example, Mayo Clinic has the most popular medical provider channel on YouTube. It has more than 450,000 followers on Twitter and more than 300,000 connections on Facebook. Mayo Clinic also maintains a News Blog, Podcast Blog as well as Sharing Mayo Clinic Blog that enables employees and patients to talk about their Mayo Clinic experience. This goes to show that properly and efficiently implemented social media optimization can have a huge positive impact on your healthcare business.
Social media marketing is one of the best ways to engage with your customers, and strategic healthcare digital marketing services would ensure the right solutions customized to meet each healthcare entity’s requirements.