Today, more and more people are turning to the Internet for information on specific medical treatments and procedures, and to find reliable providers. This highlights the importance of medical SEO to ensure that your practice has an online presence and shows up on natural search results. Using the right SEO strategies is important to gain top ranking on search engine results pages, attract potential patients and stay ahead of competition. Making healthcare local SEO an important component of the marketing strategy to:
- Ensure consistent and precise location and physician’s information
- Improve the organization’s visibility in the targeted market
Tips to improve ranking in local search results:
1. Accurate NAP information: Ensure consistency in name, address and phone number information associated with the practice. This will help patients to contact the physician easily. Update the contact details and maintain the same information on all websites. Inconsistency in NAP information can confuse prospective patients and also have a negative impact on ranking. With the help of a “Google My Business” page, physicians can see potential variations online by clicking on the “review from around the web” link.
2. Separate location pages for each office: If you have multiple practices at different locations, then it is important that each office has its own distinct location page. This will ensure flow of web traffic from each specific area. See that contact details are given correctly on separate page.
3. Provision of listings in local directories: Getting practice details listed on local directories can help in reaching out to patients more effectively. If you provide senior services and your area has a directory website for senior services, get listed on it. This can attract more local traffic to your site and increase your site’s authority.
4. Post valuable content on your site: Having informative content is crucial for any website. Quality content with relevant keywords and separate pages for areas of specialization will increase the number of web pages indexed by search engines and boost page ranking. Make sure that you post unique content on each of your pages to avoid getting penalized for duplicate content.
5. Make your site mobile friendly: Today, almost everyone reaches for their mobile device to search anything. Therefore, having a mobile-friendly medical website will boost website traffic. A well designed mobile friendly site is crucial for businesses with a local presence. Moreover, a Google study showed that 44% of users who research hospitals on a mobile device make an appointment.
6. Focus on social media pages: Many medical practices now use social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter to reach out to patients. All your social pages should be updated regularly and should have accurate NAP details. Having a presence on social media will enhance local visibility and make it easier for patients to locate you.
Medical SEO has become indispensable in today’s digital healthcare landscape. A reliable medical website marketing company can provide customized local SEO services to ensure that your site is visible to the right audience.