An experienced digital marketing agency in the U.S., MedResponsive provides SEO solutions for Real Estate, Education, Hotel & Travel, Healthcare Facilities, and DME Companies.
In today’s podcast, Dame Colquhoun, our Solutions Manager/ SEO Strategist, discusses strategies to effectively market a law firm online
Listen to the Podcast now!
This is Monica Thomas the Search Marketing/SEO manager for medresponsive.com
Understand some important marketing strategies that could help a law firm enhance online presence, thereby attracting a greater number of clients.
00:11 Importance of Digital Marketing for Law firms and Attorneys
Digital marketing has become an important aspect in every industry and law firms are no exception in this case. Law firms and attorneys tend to believe that the good reputation of their firm combined with a skilled group of experts is enough to keep a steady stream of clients coming through their doors. However, from a practical aspect, for a law firm, it doesn’t matter how good their reputation is, if they are not pro-active about attracting new visitors online and marketing their business, they will always face challenges. That’s why it’s important to incorporate strong marketing tactics that can make it as easy as possible for potential clients to locate your law firm.
00:59 Top Digital Marketing Ideas for Law Firms
Here discussed are some top marketing ideas that could help a law firm build a strong online presence and attract more clients –
- The first top marketing idea is “Invest in Good SEO”. A reliable SEO service provider will provide a detailed analysis about all aspects of SEO like – link building, keyword research, posting relevant content and so on, that can bring significant improvement.
- Second up is “Develop a Personal Brand”. As per a study conducted by LexisNexis and Martindale-Hubbell, about 85 percent of law firms found that the majority of traffic to their website was directed at their lawyers’ bio pages. This is because potential clients in most cases are looking to hire a lawyer, not a firm. Once a website visitor lands on the service page, they most probably may research the partners’ page and their biography. The partners themselves need to almost be a brand of their own, with their own social entities and touch points connected to their personal name. Check out the examples offered to get a better feel within content.
- Create High Quality Content. Law firms need to focus on quality content instead of quantity as this will help establish them as experts; and that will increase brand awareness. Create a schedule for publishing content as this will help plan posts in advance. Select topics to write about that are relevant for particular times of the year. For instance, if you are focusing on blogs, write a few high quality blog pieces rather than lots of other low quality ones. Rather than posting a blog on the firm website and hoping for the best, law firms need to be proactive when it comes to discovering and then driving their target audience to their blog. Social media platforms are among the easiest and cheapest methods of accomplishing this. Use Facebook and LinkedIn to post links to your blog. Get the rest of the tips on site once you have a chance.
- Next up is “Finding a Niche Service Area”. Many law firms will have multiple specialties or specialize in different services. Choose one or two specific services you want to focus on and create specialized pages for each of these services. For the best results, make each specialty clear either with a dropdown menu or in a clickable menu. For instance, a family law attorney should not put that all over the blogs. Instead, just post content about family law issues and things that people need to know to handle the issues addressed in the blog.
- Next up is Focusing on Local SEO Aspects. According to a study by BIA/Kelsey and ComSat, 97 percent of all consumers research their local options online before selecting their lawyer. For instance, if your law firm is located in Dallas, it makes no sense to market to people in other places like Boston or Los Angeles. Focus on all key aspects of local SEO such as creating profiles in local directories, ranking for local keyword modifiers, joining local professional organizations and participating in local events to share expertise, as all these create opportunities of backlinks for SEO as well as bringing the name of the firm out there.
- Next up would be Google Paid Search. A well-executed paid campaign on Google AdWords can help in quality lead generation. Google Paid Search offers a unique platform for attorneys to get found at the exact moment people are looking for help. By clearly understanding what their clients are searching for, law firms can adjust on AdWords campaign to reach high quality leads. Create keyword dense landing pages on the client website to improve quality score. Create unique “Thank You” pages for completed form submissions as this will help better track conversions. Create a responsive website design and include contact information that is easy to find on a mobile device.
In conclusion, do not assume that just because a law firm is well-known in the legal industry they can do a good job. A unique combination of strong branding, search engine optimization, and trust-building content could help a law firm stand out from competitors. Using the above marketing strategies would help a law firm to not only get more traffic to their website, but also build a strong online presence.