Key Benefits of SaaS Applications
A reliable healthcare digital marketing agency in U.S., MedResponsive has years of experience in providing digital marketing for business in diverse industries – Ecommerce, Education, IT, Healthcare, Finance, Law and more. We are up to date with the changing technologies and our team follows SEO best practices to help our client rank high in organic search results.In today’s podcast, Dame Colquhoun, our Solutions Manager/ SEO Strategist, discusses key benefits of SaaS applications and how it can be applied for various requirements.
Listen to the Podcast now!
This is Monica Thomas the Search Marketing/SEO manager for medresponsive.com
SaaS and the Cloud
SaaS (software as a service) refers to third-party software applications offered in a subscription model with payments at regular intervals. The applications are built on the cloud and delivered to customers through the internet. The software can therefore be accessed from multiple devices.
00:24 SaaS Applications for Various Requirements
You can get SaaS applications through the private cloud, public cloud as well as the hybrid cloud.
- Private cloud version is for the exclusive use of an organization, which could possibly own the infrastructure.
- Small organizations can really benefit from the public cloud though, by which the infrastructure is the responsibility of the cloud service. The infrastructure is available for public use, though the particular SaaS application is for the concerned client.
- Hybrid cloud applications can switch between private and public cloud though they are primarily designed for only one of these.
01:15 Benefits of the SaaS Model
SaaS has many advantages such as reduced costs, lesser infrastructural strain on resources, greater scalability, easy upgrades, etc. That’s why SaaS is becoming more of a norm than before for businesses. But this is just an overview of the benefits. Let’s look at the advantages of SaaS in detail:
- SaaS platforms offered on the subscription basis — no upfront licensing fees involved, and because of that you get a reduction in the initial set up costs that would usually come with upfront paid services and hardware installations.
- Also you don’t need to worry about software and hardware maintenance, which means more areas for reducing costs.
- With cloud configuration and installation, SaaS applications are easy to set up.
- SaaS applications are also easily accessible. You only need internet connection. They are available on various devices.
- Upgrades to the application can also be deployed quickly since they are carried out centrally by the software provider. Businesses don’t need their technical departments to handle this.
No matter your size and security needs, there are SaaS application types to use. As we saw earlier, not all SaaS applications are offered on the public cloud. There are SaaS applications for the private cloud as well. These may not be as simple as the public cloud versions, but vendors provide customers with the required training.