Quality content helps businesses reach, engage and convert customers by addressing their unique business challenges and needs. For any business, creating an effective content marketing strategy is critical to gain visibility, build trust, and drive website traffic. Most firms now invest in professional content writing services to generate appropriate and valuable content and optimize it to improve their sites’ search ranking. A perfect strategy allows the business to create effective content that the audiences will respond to, and which can help them achieve their marketing goals.
Creating a successful content strategy helps in driving sales and boosting the growth of a company. By improving brand awareness, you can generate leads, build credibility and trustworthiness with the target audience, and boost SEO rankings. Informative content with the right target keywords, high-quality back links etc. improves visibility on search engines.
Strategies to Create Unique Content
Have Clear Goals
- generating brand awareness
- increasing web traffic
- converting new customers
Identify Target Audience
- mine digital data
- send out surveys
- interview customers
Create Targeted Topics
- determine which topic will fit your business goals
Develop the Right Content and Channel Mix
- choose the right keywords
- post your content on the right channels
Engage the Customer
- create strategies based on their particular interests
- evaluate and see what’s working and what’s not
- find the best time to publish each piece of content
Above all these, make sure to build SEO-friendly pages. Including relevant keywords in the content is one of the most important measures to keep your web pages SEO-friendly. But, never over optimize, as it can prompt search engines to penalize the content and place it lower in search rankings.
Need content support from an experienced search engine optimization company? MedResponsive can help. We provide top-quality SEO content writing services for diverse industry clients. Talk to us at (800) 941-5527.
Are you looking for innovative company branding efforts that help connect with the target audience groups?
The concept of giving certain amount of marketing control to customers seems to be alarming to certain companies. In fact, disappointed or dissatisfied customers can badmouth a company as they simply don’t approve their return policy. Finding the right advertising brand and creating brand affinity can help customers choose over competitors. A well-defined “User Generated Content (UGC)”, is a far more accepted and trusted tool that a business can leverage to enhance its marketing and outreach efforts.
Incorporating quality and interactive content can improve business reach, engage and convert customers by addressing their unique business challenges and needs. It also helps showcase their level of expertise within the industry and make people aware of the value offered to customers. A professional digital marketing services company will use its individual expertise and experience to generate right and valuable content, build relationship with customers by offering them valuable information related to products or services. Experts also keep track of the latest trends in content marketing to deliver quality solutions.
What is User-Generated Content (UGC)?
Also known as consumer-generated content, UGC is original, brand-specific content created by customers and published on social media or other channels. Much more than customer reviews, UGC encompasses a variety of activities and comes in many forms, including images, videos, reviews, live streams, blog posts, YouTube content, social media content, a testimonial, or even a podcast. Before getting in to details about UGC, here are some key statistics that can be considered –
- 90 percent of consumers say that UGC holds more influence over their buying decisions than other content, such as promotional emails and search engine results.
- 92 percent of consumers will trust a recommendation from another person over branded content.
- 48 percent of customers say that user-generated content is a great way for them to discover new products.
- 84 percent of consumers say they trust online reviews as much as in-person recommendations.
Regardless of their size, brands can use user-generated content to drive awareness, increase conversions and social engagement, expand their reach, and cost-effectively grow their business. User-generated content come from different sources like – employees, customers, brand loyalists, advocates, or fans and UGC creators (someone who creates sponsored content).
What is the Significance of User-Generated Content?
Used across all stages of the buyer’s journey, UGC can help influence engagement and increase conversions. The customer-generic content can be used across social media and other channels, such as email, landing pages, or checkout pages. Here discussed are some key points about the importance of UGC –
- Takes Authenticity to the Next Level – As fierce competition exists among brands for grabbing audience attention, buyers are more selective about the brands they interact with and purchase from. Reports suggest that 60 percent of marketers agree that authenticity and quality are equally important elements of successful content. In fact, there is no other content type that is more authentic than UGC from customers. Never fake user-generated posts or campaign as audiences will quickly discover the false sentiment, which could seriously damage the brand reputation. Instead, always ensure that UGC comes from one of three cohorts – customers, brand loyalists, or employees.
- Acts as a Trust Signal – Reports suggest that 93 percent of marketers agree that consumers trust content created by customers more than content created by brands. This signifies that UGC is the perfect format for businesses to level up their trust score and brands need to work harder to establish trust among customers. Besides the authenticity of user-generated content, this kind of material shows that other people use your products. Audiences turn to UGC as a trust signal in the same way they would ask their friends, family, or professional network for an opinion.
- Increase Conversions and Influence Purchasing Decisions – It is estimated that there is a 29 percent increase in web conversions when websites features user-generated content. User-generated content is incredibly influential in the final stages of the buyer’s journey, where planning to to convert the audience and influence them into making a purchase. UGC acts as authentic social proof that the product is worthy of buying. A common example is Amazon, where anyone can post a review of a product on its page-and a lot of other eCommerce sites do this.
- Adaptable and Flexible – UGC can be used off social in other marketing campaigns, making the strategy an omnichannel approach. UGC images can be added in an abandon cart email to help push the prospective buyer to make a purchase or add user-generated content to key landing pages to help increase conversion rates. For example, Calvin Klein created a landing page just for UGC content. By showing real examples of customers styling their Calvins, shoppers see other consumers endorsing the brand and showcasing how the products look on actual humans instead of overly styled models.
- Works Well with Social Commerce – The future of online shopping is social commerce. The main draw of social commerce is that it allows audiences to convert natively within a social media app, rather than going off-network to complete a purchase. UGC and social commerce work well together as UGC is influential in driving conversions. Nearly 80 percent of people say that UGC impacts their decision to purchase, making user-generated content and social commerce to work together.
How to Build User-Generated Content – Tips
No matter their size, brands use user-generated content to build awareness, increase conversions and social engagement, expand their reach, and cost-effectively grow their business in the long run. Although it is increasingly popular and highly effective medium, it is extremely important to maximize the user-generated content as more and more companies are using UGC-based advertising. Here discussed are some important tips on how to build user-generated content –
- Always Request Permission – Always ask consent to share content before republishing or using a customer’s content. When you ask permission, you show that you appreciate their content and get them excited about sharing their post with your audience. It may also help avoid copyright issues. People may use branded hashtags without necessarily knowing they are being tagged to a user-generated content campaign. Re-sharing that content without explicit permission can impact brand goodwill.
- Get Reviews with Images and Videos – People who regularly check reviews with customer photos and videos are one of the highest-converting segments of visitors. In most cases, incentivizing customers like – a simple discount or gift card can help provide reviews. Make sure that the reviews are true, honest, legitimate and relatable.
- Give Credit to the Original Creator – Make sure to give credit to the original creator when sharing user-generated content via social media channels. Providing proper credit is an excellent way to recognize the work of content creators and helps make sure they stay excited about using and posting about the brand. This includes tagging them directly in the post and indicating whether you are using their visuals, words, or both. In addition, it also makes it easy for fans and followers to verify that the content truly was created by someone outside the firm.
- Be Clear About the Content – UGC creators want to share their content meaning they want you to tell them what kind of content you are most likely to share. It is estimated that 16 percent of brands offer clear guidelines on what kind of user-generated content they want fans to create and share. But, more than half of consumers want brands to tell them exactly what to do when it comes to UGC. Therefore, being specific makes it easy for people to share content that fits your needs.
- Create Dedicated Pages for UGC – Businesses can leverage free tools such as YouTube, TikTok and Instagram to create unique channels or pages for their users to easily post user-generated content such as videos, testimonials and images. Using a content marketing engine that can then automatically distribute these across multiple social media channels can help increase the effectiveness of the content.
- Build a Customer Loyalty Program – Brands can leverage user-generated content to build a customer loyalty or appreciation program. This includes giving away free swag to customers who have shared repeat buys of their favorite product or offering a discount for a future purchase to customers who have shared an honest review. This helps in creating a strong feeling among customers that the brands they engage with really value them and their opinion.
- Engage with a #Hashtag Campaign – Starting a hashtag campaign (especially if you are promoting a brand on social media channel) is an excellent way to engage with customers. Start the hashtag campaign by asking customers to share images of your brand as this can create a real buzz by challenging your community with a contest-based approach. This tactic encourages people to promote your brand through word of mouth advertising and shows them that you are receptive which in turn will help build trust.
- Add Customers Social Media Posts – Social media is bursting with user-generated content. If your brand has got a community following on Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, or Facebook, use and share their images and posts of product to promote your brand. This is a powerful and authentic approach, showing real people in action with your product, and all you have to do is share it. Use an image that showcases your brand in your advertising campaigns.
User-generated content (UGC) is a very valuable tool for marketers, especially as customers love to hear from their peers. By leveraging UGC, most companies can expect to see an increase in brand awareness, site visits, sales, and more. However, following the above-mentioned guidelines can help ensure UGC reaches its full potential without creating liability for the company. Creating a good UGC content strategy requires a significant amount of time, effort and resources. Organic SEO companies can help you develop quality content strategies that can attract target audiences and boost brand image.
One of the professional SEO companies in the US, MedResponsive is focused on delivering customized SEO services that help businesses improve their online presence and increase revenue.
Call (800) 941-5527 and schedule a FREE consultation with our senior solutions manager
Content marketing is a unique way to gain visibility, build trust and drive traffic to a website. Regarded as one of the most effective forms of digital marketing, the main goal behind content marketing is to create a unique strategy that reaches and converts ideal customers. Incorporating quality and interactive content can improve content marketing a lot. It helps businesses reach, engage and convert customers by addressing their unique business challenges and needs. If you looking to create a custom content marketing strategy for your business, invest in content writing services to generate right and valuable content and optimize it to improve your site’s search ranking.
What is Content Marketing Strategy?
‘Content marketing’ and ‘content marketing strategy’ are distinct terms. Content marketing is process of marketing a brand using top quality and valuable content to retain existing customers, attract prospective ones, and build a relationship with the target market. A content marketing strategy, on the other hand, is the framework that allows the business to create effective content that the audiences will respond and can help them achieve their marketing goals.
Typically, organizations use content marketing to build an audience and achieve higher lead quality, faster conversions, and increased revenue. A content marketing strategy is a specific set of tactics used in the development and management of content. It uses various media, such as blogs, videos, podcasts, and/or social media posts to achieve specific business ends. Companies also use their content marketing channels to get feedback. But regardless of the goal, the final “content mix” – whether it’s a blog, your Facebook page, your Twitter account, or all of the above – should consistently and effectively promote messaging, provide a great user experience, and enhance your business’s image.
How to Build a Successful Content Strategy
Creating a successful content strategy that helps drive sales and boost the growth of a company involves considering several important aspects. By improving brand awareness, an effective content marketing strategy helps to generate leads, build credibility and trustworthiness with the target audience, and boost SEO rankings. Informative content with the right, target keywords, high-quality back links etc. improves visibility on search engines. Here are the top elements of a great content strategy –
- Begin with Clear Goals – A successful content marketing plan begins with a clearly stated goal. Different types of marketing tactics work to achieve different goals. Some common goals include – generating brand awareness, increasing web traffic, generating new traffic, converting new customers, improving customer retention and upselling. The specific goals you choose will determine the type of content and channel for each marketing tactic. It is perfectly acceptable to have multiple goals. However, it is important to understand that not all content will work for every objective. Therefore, it is advisable to focus on creating specialized content.
- Identify Your Target Audience – Start by identifying your target audience, including their demographics and their pain points. This, of course, will largely depend on the specific product or service. Basically, it is important to talk to the right people, in the right language. There are a number of ways to find this information, including mining digital data, sending out surveys, and interviewing customers. Surveys, interviews, focus groups, and marketing databases are all great sources of information.
If you are on a budget, it is possible to send a quick survey to current customers, interview sales team or even post a question to social media channels. The next step is to apply this knowledge to the current content and identify the key area where it hits the mark and where it could be improved. For digital marketing purposes, it is important to perform a detailed keyword research and identify which specific phrases are getting high ranks, who is linking to them, for which phrases they need to be improved and their social media presence. Be sure to note search intent, volume, and relevancy.
- Create Targeted Topics – Create a compiling a list of potential topics that are relevant to the specific content strategy. To analyze a specific topic, determine how it will fit with your organizational goals. For instance, if a camping supplies company is seeking to educate consumers about their brand, a blog post on a topic “Top 5 Campfire-Building Mistakes” could draw in curious web searchers. This will give them familiarity with the brand. It is always important to approach every topic from new angles.
- Develop the Right Content and Channel Mix – Finding the right keywords and creating quality content is the first challenge. The next challenge is to identify the channels that can be used to distribute the content. There are different channels to distribute different types of content. For instance, shorter content is great for Twitter, while long form will perform better on LinkedIn or Medium. Videos are great for YouTube, images go high on Instagram, and infographics are good on almost any network. The content strategy will help identify how to best distribute content through this plethora of channels and devices.
Take time to understand which ones appeal to target customer groups. For instance, some customers want a discount coupon sent to their phone, or they might want to read a blog post while lying in bed with their tablet. Do some research to find out which channels your audience uses, as well as the best practices for each channel.
- Engage the Customer – As customers are at the heart of content marketing, every specific strategy designed must be geared towards their particular interests. Everything in the strategy – right from the content’s voice and tone, to the types of content created and different channels used – must work towards this end. While designing s strategy to engage target audience group, it is important to keep two things in mind –
- Which stories will delight target audience – Does your audience want to read about sales promotions or about success stories? Do they enjoy lists and quizzes, or how-to guides? Do they enjoy reading about science or do they prefer light cat memes?
- Which stories will make the biggest impact – One of the biggest strength of content marketing is its ability to turn customers into advocates. For example, a video demonstration of a product performance can encourage people to share it with their friends, creating even more potential leads. Therefore, always think about what stories will influence target customers.
- Think Small – When it comes to content, feeding information in smaller doses can turn to be more effective. Too much content can overwhelm and turn away the audience. Also, focus on posting appropriate type, length and feature for each particular content. For instance, if you plan to create a groundbreaking product update, instead of jamming it all into a long blog post, first post a demo video on your YouTube channel. This can be followed by a behind-the-scenes interview on your blog, FAQs on your website, and finally, a series of short, enticing tweets.
- Measure Analytics – Once the content gets created and distributed, it is important to evaluate and see what’s working and what’s not. It’s time to dive into the analytics. Just looking at the numbers of shares, clicks, or purchases through the website is not enough; rather, look for the “why?” Try to understand what type of content succeeded and where other pieces failed, why the certain content worked well only on one channel, but failed on another. Google Analytics can be extremely helpful for this step.
- Key Performance Indicators – While analyzing the content performance, it is equally important to find key performance indicators (KPIs) to back it up. Again, what you measure will depend on the specific goal. Some KPIs that may be considered include – organic web traffic, sales opportunities generated, keyword ranking changes, social shares and engagement, inbound links, and cost-per-lead.
- Have a Checklist in Place – As mentioned above, creating and executing content strategy requires plenty of time and resources. So, it’s important to develop a clear and definite plan. While creating a checklist, cover the following elements right from the start –
- Content Marketing Goal – This involves having a clear understanding about the content marketing objective – whether it is to increase users, website traffic, social shares, gaining feedback. Always set SMART (Specific, Measurable, Actionable, Realistic, and Timely) goals.
- Current Market/Industry Analysis – Analyze the current market situation to check whether the industry is growing/shrinking, company growth (their performance analysis in the last quarter or year), competitive analysis, size of the content marketing budget and analyze how target customers are rating a brand. In short, clearly analyze where a specific brand stand and set the content strategy based on that specific goal.
- Design a Specific Strategy in Place – This involves analyzing how to put a specific strategy in place and how to allocate the required time and resources towards that strategy. Many companies start with ambitious plans, and then decide that they don’t want to spend much. In such cases, it is important to alter strategies based on the specific budget.
- Measure the Strategy’s Effectiveness – Get all the necessary measurement and analytics tools in place for all marketing channels, and determine the schedule for reviewing analytics. Make necessary and effective adjustments based on the specific strategy and analytics data in place.
- Editorial Calendar – Many companies fail at content marketing due to lack of planning. Figure out the best time to release or publish each piece of content. This will again vary based on the target audience and platform, so there are no hard and fast rules. Be aware that regularly producing and publishing content takes a lot of work. If you don’t have a content calendar to keep everything on track, chances are more likely to fall behind. Always work a few months ahead or even the next quarter (depending on the industry and resources) and have enough content in the pipeline ready to go. This offers more flexibility (in case a new opportunity or emergency comes up) and reduces the stress of content creation.
- Build SEO-Friendly Pages – If you have built all your pages and loaded them with great content, but find people are not visiting, it’s because the content is not optimized for search. This means people can’t find or locate the content that you posted. Proper Search Engine Optimization (SEO) ensures that a website page is “search friendly,” and shows up near the top of search engine results when users search for products and services within your industry. Including relevant keywords in the content is one of the most important measures that can be taken to build SEO-friendly pages. There are many tools (including Google AdWords’ free keyword research tool) that can help optimize a blog, website and other channels. However, overdoing it can prompt search engines to penalize the content and place it lower in search rankings. Therefore, it is always better to strike a clear balance in this area.
- Ongoing Analysis on Progress – If you have a specific business objective in place, it is important to check whether you are on the right track towards achieving the goal. Make a list of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs, or “metrics”), benchmarks and milestones to achieve. For instance, if your goal is to attract 10,000 unique visitors in a month, or generate 10 daily comments on each blog post, there are several tools that can be used. Once the specific content strategy gets implemented, it is possible to use measurement data to do “course corrections” by regularly reviewing and adjusting goals or tactics.
The future of content marketing is bright. Creating high quality, informative content is the key for improving search engine ranking. An effective content marketing strategy will improve online visibility, boost the company’s image, and improve sales and lead to conversions. However, creating a good content strategy requires significant amount of time, effort and resources. A reputable digital marketing services company can help you develop quality content that can attract and engage your target audience and achieve top ranking on search engines.
Google announced the launch of “helpful content update” on August 18, 2022, and the update started rolling out on August 25, 2022 and can take up to two weeks to roll out. This update rewards content that provides readers a satisfying experience, while content that doesn’t meet a visitor’s expectations may get affected.
It often happens that people don’t find the content helpful if your website content strategy is designed to attract clicks rather than inform readers. Google always puts effort into the pages shown on Search and Google Searches are regularly updated to make sure readers are finding high-quality content.
So, here’s the new “helpful content update” that Google has begun rolling out, aiming at the better ranking of original, quality content. This update focuses on ensuring that you see more original, helpful content written by people, for people, in the search results. This update can be considered as a new signal or one of the many signals that Google evaluates to rank content.
Any unoriginal, low-quality content will not rank high in Search. Google’s testing has found the update will especially improve results related to online education, as well as arts and entertainment, shopping, and tech-related content.
Prioritize people-first content
Based on this helpful content update, Google expects content creators to focus on people-first content. Over-optimization of SEO content for years can potentially impact all the pages.
Unlike the recent product review update, that was designed to promote high quality product reviews, this helpful content update is sitewide.
This update introduces a new ranking signal that will negatively impact sites that publish high amounts of content with little value, and are not helpful to searchers. Other key signals for ranking content include: Meaning, Relevance, Quality, Usability, and Context.
The search engine giant’s systems automatically identify content that seems to have less value for those doing searches.
Google says that the content creators are on the right track with a people-first approach, if –
- you have an existing or intended audience for your business or site that would find the content useful and they came directly to you
- your content demonstrates first-hand expertise and a depth of knowledge
- your site has a primary purpose or focus
- your content provides the reader the feeling that they’ve learned enough about a topic to help achieve their goal
- someone reading your content leaves feeling like they’ve had a satisfying experience
- you are keeping in mind Google’s guidance for core updates and for product reviews
For web pages that are affected by this helpful content update, Google recommends removing poor-quality content from the website. Sites affected by this update may find the signal applied to them over for months. According to Google, “Our classifier for this update runs continuously, allowing it to monitor newly-launched sites and existing ones. As it determines that the unhelpful content has not returned in the long-term, the classification will no longer apply”. This classifier process is entirely automated, using a machine-learning model. It is not a manual action nor a spam action.
What to keep in mind?
The main tips content creators can keep in mind are –
- avoid taking a search engine-first approach
- be sure you’ve removed unhelpful content
- follow all the Google guidelines for better results
So, should I reevaluate my content?
Based on helpful content update, Google recommends reevaluating the content, if –
- your content is primarily designed to attract people from search engines, rather than made for humans
- your content covers different topics in the hope that some of it might perform well in search results
- you are using extensive automation to produce content on many topics
- you are mainly summarizing what others have to say without adding much value
- you are writing about things simply because they seem trending and not because you’d write about them otherwise for your existing audience
- your content leave readers feeling like they need to search again to get better information from other sources
- you are writing to a particular word count because you’ve heard or read that Google has a preferred word count
- you decide to enter some niche topic area without any real expertise, but instead mainly because you thought you’d get search traffic
- your content promises to answer a question that has no answer, such as suggesting there’s a release date for a product, movie, or TV show when one isn’t confirmed
With this update-
- some people-first content on sites classified as having unhelpful content could still rank well if there are other signals identifying that people-first content as helpful and relevant to a query
- sites with lots of unhelpful content may notice a stronger effect
This update currently impacts English searches globally and may expand to other languages in the future.
If you are not sure as to how to create user-friendly content, reach out to professional content writing services. At MedResponsive, our content marketing strategies aim at attracting your audience’s attention with informative content that addresses their concerns and gives them the information they want. We make sure to create content that meets search intent. Discuss your content and digital marketing requirements with us at (800) 941-5527.
Regarded as an important element of any digital marketing campaign, content marketing helps establish brand reputation and lets you connect with specific audience groups. Nowadays, businesses are giving huge emphasis to content marketing as an effectual way to expand customer base and build positive brand profile. Whether it is medical SEO or SEO for other business sectors, generating optimized and attractive content can be challenging.
Earlier, blog posts were the sole method of posting content. However, with changing times, there are different types of content writing services like – podcasts, videos, infographics, social media, eBooks and more that help to boost SEO rankings. In fact, repurposing podcast content is a smart strategy to transform existing episodes into new mediums. It helps to discover new audiences and keeps current listeners engaged by uniquely packaging the content that was already created. By repurposing podcast content for blogs, you can stretch one single episode into multiple engaging posts and achieve the goal of consistently providing engaging content to the audience.
Importance of Repurposing Podcast Content
According to Edison Research, about 32 percent of Americans tend to listen to a podcast in a month. Incorporating this promotional strategy is likely to put your show among this pool of listeners. But what about the remaining 68 percent of the total population? Repurposing podcast content for new channels like blogs can help acquire the rest of the untapped audience groups and make them familiar with your brand.
While the most important benefit of repurposing podcast content comes down to audience growth and retention, there are several other benefits like the following-
- Improve SEO Value – Repurposing your podcast content into written material can help improve the total SEO value. Search engines easily crawl blog posts and articles, helping your episode content to rank higher in search results. In addition, there are options to include internal links to other written content that potentially increases the authority of the page. As people search for answers related to a specific topic that you have created, you have a better chance of being discovered and hooking a new listener.
- Increase Brand Awareness – Generally, people have a tendency to analyze brand messaging before accessing your content. Consistently popping up in their feeds or search results with unique and engaging brand outlooks will build trust and ultimately attract new listeners to check out your show.
- Build Credibility – Building credibility is an important benefit of repurposing your podcast content. Repurposing will help explain episode content in multiple ways. This makes it easier for different types of people to understand your key points and see you as an authority in your space.
How to Repurpose Podcasts into Quality Blog Posts
As mentioned above, running a blog alongside your podcast has tons of benefits. From improving SEO value to enhancing your authority within your niche. In fact, blogs are an effective way to diversify your content and gain the much-required SEO traction. Blog posts can also make your content much more accessible to your audience as it can be consumed in a readable format when listening is not always a viable option. In addition, a blog is a great way to reach a whole new audience, and which you can later convert to new listeners.
But with so much content floating around cyberspace, making people take notice of your specific content can be challenging, and which requires a whole new focus. Discussed below are some important tips or strategies on how to convert your podcast into high-quality blog posts –
- Set Clear Goals in Mind – Blogs can boost discoverability of a brand in many ways. Therefore, each specific post you write should essentially focus on – search engine optimization (SEO), guest promotion (highlighting guests’ best ideas and quotes so they want to share the post) and thought leadership (focusing brand’s best ideas to encourage fans to engage and share). SEO requires a more comprehensive approach within a single episode. Make sure to optimize a blog post by expanding on the topic and using quotes and ideas from the podcast as support.
- Identify your Target Audience – Just as you create content for your podcast, whenever creating a blog post, it is important to keep your target audience in mind. For instance, if the basic plan is to use the blog posts to channel readers to your podcast, your audience group will be quite like the audience which already exists around your show. Understanding this aspect will help you analyze what will appeal to that audience in terms of a blog. Create a search on what the target audiences or aligned audiences are looking for in terms of your topic or niche, and then create your content to meet that need.
- Create Attention-Grabbing Headlines – Creating attention-grabbing headlines is one of the best ways to increase the odds of people clicking through your blog posts. The heading created should be interesting, informative, intriguing and descriptive. It should convey the message in a clear manner and let potential readers know the content in the blog post is exactly what they were searching for.
In fact, there are some unique tools like Google Trends that help check whether the headlines are attention-grabbing and can also help you find out exactly what people are looking for within your niche. By doing this, the relative chances of your blog post to pop up as a search result will be higher.
- Design your Content – Now that the blog post you create is an extension of your podcast, there will be huge and valuable amount of amazing content to extract from. Repurposing the podcast content means – a huge portion of the work has already been done. By making creative editing and additions, podcast transcriptions can be easily converted into a stand-out blog post. While creating a blog post with great content is important, how that content is displayed is equally important. Here are some ways to make the audience stay engaged with the content right to the end. –
- Use Eye-Catching Images – Placing eye-catching visual elements like photos, infographics or other types of images are key to grabbing and holding viewers’ attention and converting casual users to engaged users. This is an effective way to boost the message being shared thereby making it stick in the minds of the readers for a much longer time.
- Use Headings and Subheadings – Break up the text with clear headings and subheadings. Breaking the text up into smaller sections makes the content look more appealing, and makes the readers stay engaged the whole way.
- Focus on SEO Aspect – Blog posts are mainly written for two purposes. The primary focus is the reader searching for the content. The second point of focus is search engine optimization.
For the blog posts to direct traffic to the podcast, it is important for the blog to be easily found by the potential listeners. Including high-potential SEO keywords in the title as well as throughout the blog posts can help maximize search engine optimization. Focusing on SEO value requires that the content is found and seen by the right eyes, as well as making sure that the podcast gets to the right ears.
Here are some ways to focus on the SEO aspect –
- Blog Tags – Adding tags to your blog post can help boost SEO and provide more insight into what type of content a user will be reading. Tags help categorize the written content of blogs, making it easier for people to find what they are looking for online and add more value to your posts.
- Include Links – Including links (both external and internal) within the blog is another important strategy. External links help build your authority by supporting your points. Internal links, on the other hand, help establish brand credibility. Including links to blog posts and to some of the podcast episodes shows readers that you have plenty of great content for them to examine (both on the blog as well as on the podcast).
- Incorporate a Call to Action in the Blog – Keeping the end goal in mind is one of the important aspects of creating a successful blog. In case of creating a blog to link to a podcast, the focus should be to direct as many readers as possible to the page and make them become a part of the podcast community. This can be done by incorporating a “call to action” on the blog page (typically done at the end of a post) that clearly directs the reader as to what step they need to take next. Make sure to add links to all the pages where the podcast can be found.
- Practice a Healthy Blogging Habit – While creating unique blog posts, the focus should be consistency in the publishing of valuable, engaging, and exciting content. High-quality blog posts will draw more attention with more people subscribing to the podcast. Therefore, while putting the time and effort into regularly writing blog posts along podcasts, it is equally important to invest some time on sharpening your writing skills.
Look for other blog posts, or even some podcasts that are focused on helping to create standout blog content. The writing should always feel like a direct conversation with readers. To keep your brand consistent across platforms, match the tone of the blog post to the tone of a podcast episode.
Analyzing the latest digital marketing trends and focusing on SEO along with quality content can help improve the relevance of the content. Creating a blog together with a podcast can be a challenging task. But at the same time, it is an excellent way to give additional value to your previously existing loyal followers, and to reach a whole new group of audience (who can later become a part of the podcast community).
Adopting some of the above proven strategies into your blogging practice can not only help in creating consistently unique blog posts, but also expand your reach and strengthen authority. Specialized content writing services in USA provided by a professional digital marketing company can help you create SEO-friendly, optimized content for your podcast that would help improve your brand reach.
Meta description is an HTML element that describes and summarizes the contents of a web page for the benefit of users and search engines. A good meta description helps your pages to stand out, which can boost your organic click through rate (CTR). All pages on a website can hold and share metadata including the URL, descriptions, and title. Optimizing meta description is crucial for better search engine optimization. It helps Google rank pages.
Google generates page titles and descriptions or snippets automatically and considers both the content of a page and references to it that appear on the web. Snippet and title aim to describe each result and explain how it relates to the user’s query. Google at times usestag content to generate snippets, if the content provides users a more accurate description than can be taken directly from the page content. You can suggest content for the snippets either by creating rich results or via meta description tags.
Google’s own explanation of what it considers and tries to do when developing search result snippets is: “We use a number of different sources for this information, including descriptive information in the title and meta tags for each page. We may also use publicly available information or create rich results based on markup on the page.”
Both your and Google’s goal is to make sure that the entire search result snippet-including the title-reflects what users will find on that page.
While meta tags that are embedded in the HTML are not a SERP ranking factor, URLs, titles, and description can affect the page’s on-site SEO.
Here are Some Meta Description Examples
We have provided a short but easy to understand description that gives readers an idea of our services.
How to Make Meta Description Unique?
Make sure your description is compelling and gets more clicks. It is important that you don’t bore visitors. Your best bet is to keep people interested. To do so, use the active voice.
Looking at the example above, you’ll see that this provides a momentous push for the reader. It’s succinct, without unnecessary details that could turn off the reader. So, avoid lengthy descriptions and follow the right length, may be between 120 to 156 characters. Most snippets in search results fall under this length. However, it is the search engine giant that decides what to display in search results. It may show the entire description or just grab key sentences from the content.
Try a Compelling Call to Action
Make sure that your call-to-action message will persuade your visitors to take the right action; it may not be an easy task.
Consider the “free trial” CTA tactic, as in this example.
Either you can give your readers a straight shot or provide a thorough description with a call to action at the end, inviting the reader to learn more about your services.
Whatever tactic you choose, make sure to find a way that is unique and engaging to your audience. The ultimate goal is to signal value and further their interest, not necessarily get them to buy something.
This takes us to the topic of keywords.
Your SEO team might have done a deep keyword research and created a list of highly as well as less competitive keywords to be used in your blog posts, landing pages or product pages. Do not limit your keyword usage to these sections. Use relevant keywords in your page’s meta description content too. It is the metadata that signals to Google what your page is all about.
Make sure you use keywords in a natural way that give searchers an idea of what your page is about. In metadata, keywords are generally written in lower case.
- Separate keywords using commas
- Keep your list of keywords or keyword phrases down to ten or fifteen unique keywords or phrases
- Do not repeat the words or phrases which you use
- Place your most important words or phrases at the beginning of your list
To makes the keyword implementation process simpler, consider using Yoast SEO Plugin for WordPress sites. Yoast Plugin also reminders users to establish a focus keyword meta description.
Implement Structured Data
By implementing structured data, you can smarten your description on the search engine results page.
Neil Patel’s blog has highlighted a clear example of structured data in a Yoast page –
You can start working on structured data by implementing reviews in your meta description, which is a clear signal for your viewers to find valuable content on the site. Consider providing content based on user behavior or you can set up structured data for your branded website as a whole with your logo and company details.
Meta descriptions play a key role in SEO and are a part of the overall user experience of your site. Unique and accurate descriptions are important to boost click-throughs from search engine results to your website. Make sure the SEO company you rely on can provide professional content writing services, which helps you stand apart from your competitors.